• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Looks like I'm out

#62433 3 years ago
A couple thoughts these are just my opinions YMMV:

1. Obviously the OP made a terrible decision and has acknowledged the fact. Fortunately the worst outcome didn't happen. I think the punishment fits the crime: feeling like shit that you harmed your animal most importantly AND missing tour. I for one am not gonna kick a man when he's down. It took balls to even post this and I respect that. I know that it will never happen again.

2. Kids at shows. Wow I could write a small book on this alone from all the stuff I've seen. I'll try to be concise. First babys should NOT be at shows..its bad for their ears.. amongst other things. If you can't afford a babysitter you shouldn't be wasting your only cash on concert tickets. I still have an image burned into my brain of it being about 90 degress at Foxboro 1990..this "fill in wookie name" um lady probably all of 22 or 23....was trying to push a baby carriage through a rock strewn parking lot and the kids head was bouncin all over the place. Nitrous tanks everywhere with the hissssssssssssss. Bad stuff. I am with an above poster outdoor shows that aren't free for alls to Me is ok for kids. Example: I took my kids to 2 Ratdog shows that were part of the Jam on The River in Philly. They had a whole kids section that my kids loved --even a guy who played kids songs. It was a family enviroment. Again this is my opinion, I would never take my kids to an indoor show or free for all festival.... funky brah what are you gonna do if the people next to start firing up? I had a similar situation at the last Philly dead spectrum show. Sweet seats and party favors. 5 minutes before the show starts a guy and I'd guess about 8 yr old kid sat next to me. The dad on the aisle and the kid next to me. The bus was going by and I was on... it was pretty uncomfortable. The band comes on and the folks in fornt of us and behind us fire up... at that point I can't control what your kid sees you brought him here. Finally about 4trh tune I turned my back and we did what we do. On top of that the "dad" dissapears for 30 minutes during set break and leaves the kid next to me-- I love kids and basically spent a 1/2 hour in my "challenged" state talking to him. When I bought my ticket I did not sign upop to be your babysitter
--- unless you are prepared to have your kids see people tokin up, others drunkenly swerving, people freakin out that can't handle their trip, are ready to explain why all these people are sitting on the ground sucking on balloons, people standing "flibbit" on a balloon, see a guy torch his leg cause he spilled kerosene on it or any number of variables (WOOKIES FIGHTIN ....) I would leave the kids at home. I've seen all of the above and worse in my travels...not that all this stuff happens at every show but strange shit does happen. (besides the fact that on most nights at an indoor facility you can get a contact buzz just breathing). I'll shut up now.. ultimately it comes down to each parents own decision--I just hpe they consider all angles before takin the "leap of faith" that nothing bad could happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, strangerinboulder
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#62436 3 years ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
funky420 wrote:
@ gr8fuljen So are you saying children shouldn't be able to enjoy the music? Because I'm planning on bringing my two son's ( 8 & 10) to their first shows in Chicago and Madison and I tell ya what if I get any sneers or snyde comments then some people will be getting a serious ear full. The music is made for everyone to enjoy not just adults and my 10 yr old is extatic at the thought of his first show, he loves GD music.

please, give me a break... do you really think kids that age care at all about "the music" no they dont...and NO, they should not be at these shows...my opinion

Wow. Opinions are good to have but to say that's kids that age don't care about the music is absurd. Not sure if you have kids but I know my kids love it and they can name the song with just the first few licks of the guitar. They might not understand the whole family vibe of the scene because I've taught them not to trust strangers but the music moves there souls as it does mine. Now that's my opinion.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, funky420
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#62437 3 years ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
funky420 wrote:
@ gr8fuljen So are you saying children shouldn't be able to enjoy the music? Because I'm planning on bringing my two son's ( 8 & 10) to their first shows in Chicago and Madison and I tell ya what if I get any sneers or snyde comments then some people will be getting a serious ear full. The music is made for everyone to enjoy not just adults and my 10 yr old is extatic at the thought of his first show, he loves GD music.

please, give me a break... do you really think kids that age care at all about "the music" no they dont...and NO, they should not be at these shows...my opinion

I don't have kids so I won't comment about whether or not it's ok to bring them to shows. But kids that age can certainly care about the music. When I was that age I was a huge Beatlemaniac and I begged my parents to take me to see the musical Beatlemania (I believe I was 8.) Granted I don't think anyone in the theater was tripping or smoking weed, but I definitely enjoyed the music as much as any other fan. I still consider it my first concert, even though I guess it wasn't really a concert.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#62448 3 years ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
funky420 wrote:

How bout you give me a break....You obviously don't have kids(this age) or/and are not around any. My 10 yr old is very intellegent, he plays guitar, and has already learned his first dead tune(friend of the devil). So for you to pass judgement that kids don't care about the music is absurd. How old were you when started listening to music? I was very young, my mom would always be amazed at some of the songs I would be singing (and know all the words to). As far as at the show my kid will be between me and my girlfriend so no one will have to babysit and as far as "somking" or anything else goes I do not shelter my kids from the outside world and what's really out there. I've seen some bad outcomes for parents who do this...the kids go to college only to be back a month later because they got their first taste of freedom and over did it only to either fail or get kicked out of school and these were straight A high school kids. So if my kids ask Q's I'll try and explain best I can.TYVM
here's my son playing Cortez with my friend/ his insructor tell me he don't care about music. You seem rather narrow minded.
P.S. He made the tye die himself!
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 3 years ago by funky420.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#62467 3 years ago
Very nice funky!! Sounds like you made a well thought out decision and at the end of the day while some may disagree (rightly or wrongly) as my dad used to say : I have the only vote that counts. End of story, hope the kids love it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#62478 3 years ago
All I know is your all going down in fantasy football! lol
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#62484 3 years ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
Irrenarzt wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20. I should have just planned to do Red Rocks but the call of the open road to and from Cuthbert was too strong to resist. This is as intimate venue as I would ever see them play at. I long for the days of old, when I could tour without issue. But these days are behind me as well as a lot of us now. Live and learn. We are headed back home today. At least I still have my boys, which is what matters most. People can armchair quarterback this all they want but it is I who have to live with my decisions. I will sleep well knowing I did the right thing.

I have 3 cuthbert tickets to anyone who wants them. I'll be headed south on the I-5 after about 12:30 today. PM me with your number if you want them.

Again, Im sorry for your situation but to call us armchair quaterbacks is unfair. You posted your situation on a public forum so you must have wanted feedback.. since its not the feedback you wanted, you think we are armchair quaterbacks.... all the best to your pup..

Fair enough. My apologies for calling people armchair quarterbacks. I was merely venting frustration and people are saying "you should have known better". I have learned a valuable lesson and I will know how better to proceed in future situations. I have never brought any dogs on tour with me before, and I will be looking at these situations even more critically in the future. I like to think I am the kind of person who learns from my mistakes. Again my apologies to the QBs out there. I had my concerns going into this and I had to learn the hard way...
All You Need
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#62489 3 years ago
neverstop66 wrote:
All I know is your all going down in fantasy football! lol

Bring it on!
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#62505 3 years ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
Irrenarzt wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20. I should have just planned to do Red Rocks but the call of the open road to and from Cuthbert was too strong to resist. This is as intimate venue as I would ever see them play at. I long for the days of old, when I could tour without issue. But these days are behind me as well as a lot of us now. Live and learn. We are headed back home today. At least I still have my boys, which is what matters most. People can armchair quarterback this all they want but it is I who have to live with my decisions. I will sleep well knowing I did the right thing.

I have 3 cuthbert tickets to anyone who wants them. I'll be headed south on the I-5 after about 12:30 today. PM me with your number if you want them.

Again, Im sorry for your situation but to call us armchair quaterbacks is unfair. You posted your situation on a public forum so you must have wanted feedback.. since its not the feedback you wanted, you think we are armchair quaterbacks.... all the best to your pup..

Fair enough. My apologies for calling people armchair quarterbacks. I was merely venting frustration and people are saying "you should have known better". I have learned a valuable lesson and I will know how better to proceed in future situations. I have never brought any dogs on tour with me before, and I will be looking at these situations even more critically in the future. I like to think I am the kind of person who learns from my mistakes. Again my apologies to the QBs out there. I had my concerns going into this and I had to learn the hard way...

No, they really are armchair quarterbacks. I deal with it weekly!
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#62628 3 years ago
Wait till we meet in fantasy football NS66 your QB will be sitting in the armchair!
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds