• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Looks like I'm out

#62364 3 years ago
kids are welcome at shows! bring the family. I've seen band members family young'uns runnin' around at numerous shows not to mention the fans. furthur crowds are respectful just maybe dont walk them through lot or shakedown after the show !! and dont leave your dog in the car!
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#62370 3 years ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
kids are welcome at shows! bring the family. I've seen band members family young'uns runnin' around at numerous shows not to mention the fans. furthur crowds are respectful just maybe dont walk them through lot or shakedown after the show !! and dont leave your dog in the car!

I absolutely agree with not leaving dogs in the car, very disresectful.
The voices tell me what to say
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#62381 3 years ago
Look I know this issue is one people take very seriously here. I get it.

But if the weather is good, I don't see it as disrespectful to leave your dog in a van. I provide a bed, chew toys, water etc. As long as the temperature is not harmful, I view this environment as better than a crate. Dogs are den animals and enjoy a cave like environment.

I'm not trying to justify what I did. I know now it was too hot to do what I did. It cost me my vacation/tour and nearly cost me my dog. I was cognizant of this possibility and even had a vet location in the GPS just in case anything happened. I left the tour early, not even sampling any of the beers. So to those implying I'm an irresponsible drunk, you can suck it. I don't drink to get drunk. Beer is my hobby/passion. I am passionate about Furthur but I cannot go forward with this tour. My dogs are more important to me than the potential of losing them. Some of us do not have the means to kennel our dogs AND go on tour. My dogs are with me because 1) I want them to be with me, 2) I would rather have them with me than to pay for a kennel, even though I can't afford both.

I love my dogs and I want them to be with me on tour, much like ones who want to bring their kids on tour. Unfortunately, it was too hot for them.

I'm headed home. I'll download the shows.
All You Need
dogdog
Junior Boarder

#62413 3 years ago
If the weather is good. That's the key. But that is often difficult to predict, especially in spring and fall. In Colorado, for example, the sun is powerful, and a car can get pretty damn hot even when it's only in the 70's. Dogs should be okay for a 7pm show, but afternoon shows (like Sunday) could be too early to leave a dog in a car.

As for children, it all depends on the venue. I've been to indoor shows that got pretty rough for small women, much less little kids. Then again, I've been to plenty of outdoor shows where kids were safe and had a great time.

With the young and vulnerable, dog or human, just know what you're getting into.
"Love still rings true."
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#62415 3 years ago
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. The guy messed up and he's paying for it in many ways. So is the dog he obviously cares about and loves. Your priorities are right on dude imo and your sharing the awful experience hopefully taught some of us something.

I've done plenty of stupid things in the past and I will continue to lose my way at times. But I try my best to do the right thing and also learn from my mistakes.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#62421 3 years ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
Some of us do not have the means to kennel our dogs AND go on tour. My dogs are with me because 1) I want them to be with me, 2) I would rather have them with me than to pay for a kennel, even though I can't afford both.

If you can afford to go on tour than you should be able to afford to put your dogs in a kennel. Or you can just go to fewer shows and definitely afford to keep your dogs in a kennel.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#62423 3 years ago
"My dogs are more important to me than the potential of losing them"
It's really simple. If ^this^ is true you will not risk their lives taking them on tour...too many dead dogs or lost dogs have taught too many people that lesson. Take your dog to the beach, park where THEY play, don't lock them in a van-car for YOUR convience.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years ago by sjfgreenman.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#62425 3 years ago
funky420 wrote:
@ gr8fuljen So are you saying children shouldn't be able to enjoy the music? Because I'm planning on bringing my two son's ( 8 & 10) to their first shows in Chicago and Madison and I tell ya what if I get any sneers or snyde comments then some people will be getting a serious ear full. The music is made for everyone to enjoy not just adults and my 10 yr old is extatic at the thought of his first show, he loves GD music.

please, give me a break... do you really think kids that age care at all about "the music" no they dont...and NO, they should not be at these shows...my opinion
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#62428 3 years ago
Hindsight is 20/20. I should have just planned to do Red Rocks but the call of the open road to and from Cuthbert was too strong to resist. This is as intimate venue as I would ever see them play at. I long for the days of old, when I could tour without issue. But these days are behind me as well as a lot of us now. Live and learn. We are headed back home today. At least I still have my boys, which is what matters most. People can armchair quarterback this all they want but it is I who have to live with my decisions. I will sleep well knowing I did the right thing.

I have 3 cuthbert tickets to anyone who wants them. I'll be headed south on the I-5 after about 12:30 today. PM me with your number if you want them.
All You Need
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#62432 3 years ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20. I should have just planned to do Red Rocks but the call of the open road to and from Cuthbert was too strong to resist. This is as intimate venue as I would ever see them play at. I long for the days of old, when I could tour without issue. But these days are behind me as well as a lot of us now. Live and learn. We are headed back home today. At least I still have my boys, which is what matters most. People can armchair quarterback this all they want but it is I who have to live with my decisions. I will sleep well knowing I did the right thing.

I have 3 cuthbert tickets to anyone who wants them. I'll be headed south on the I-5 after about 12:30 today. PM me with your number if you want them.

Again, Im sorry for your situation but to call us armchair quaterbacks is unfair. You posted your situation on a public forum so you must have wanted feedback.. since its not the feedback you wanted, you think we are armchair quaterbacks.... all the best to your pup..
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds