• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

Looks like I'm out

#62189 2 years, 10 months ago
During my VIP tour of Sierra Nevada Brewery today, I almost lost one of my dogs to heat stroke. He's in the vet ICU now, and it looks like he will be there at least until tomorrow. I parked in a completely shaded spot, left water in the car, all the windows down as far as possible but it still didn't matter. I accept responsibility for my own actions and I know I'm to blame so please, no need to rant about dogs in cars. I get it now. I was most worried about this stop as it's way hotter here than in Eugene or beyond. In a way I was looking at this stop as the hardest in terms of the dogs, even though it would have likely been the shortest.

Vet bills are likely going to make it so I can't make it to Eugene, Montana or Utah. Its possible I get out under a thousand and could shoestring the rest with a rider maybe as all my campsites and tickets are paid for but I think I'm going to err on the side of caution and take my boys home and try to get to Red Rocks. I'm pretty heartbroken about this right now but I want to wish all the board people a good time. I wish it all worked out but my dogs mean more to me than the shows ultimately do. So much for my first tour since '91.

The vet seemed pretty optimistic but was concerned about a few key enzymes being elevated. I thought for sure he was a goner. I even left the tour a bit early to check on the dogs but it wasn't soon enough. That dude was right. Don't leave your dogs in a hot car unless you are a sadist and want them to die.

And what the fuck is up with gas prices in California? Fuck me they are expensive. No wonder people can't afford to do a whole tour these days.
All You Need
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

Re: Looks like I'm out

#62199 2 years, 10 months ago
Sorry to hear about your dog! Thank goodness he's still kickin. He will be fine. Thats just a tough deal. You did everything right under the circumstances. So many folks would not have thought to come back and check on them (especially with sierra pale ale straight from the source).
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#62201 2 years, 10 months ago
wow sorry to hear about the dog that sucks
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#62213 2 years, 10 months ago
Man, at Sierra Brewery of all places, that sucks. The main thing to focus on is your pooch is ok, fuck everything else....I'm sure a mental note has been taken that whatever the windows were left at when far as possible ain't enough.

This stuff is heartbreaking I saw a security guy smash a car window at a Phil + Friends show in Ohio to save a dog...it was Summer, 95 degrees and humid. I told him he's a hero and shook his hand, he saved that dog.

Glad everyone's ok. There will be more tours, makes the next one all the sweeter.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
dogdog
Junior Boarder

#62218 2 years, 10 months ago
Your sad story should serve as warning to those considering touring with dogs. Leave them with someone who will care for them, people, and bring the love back from tour right into their little puppy hearts. Oh course, I have it easy, cuz my wife would rather be wrapped in dog flesh than dance at Red Rocks with a bunch of dirty hippies. She's staying home and I'm free to roam.
"Love still rings true."
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by dogdog.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#62253 2 years, 10 months ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
During my VIP tour of Sierra Nevada Brewery today, I almost lost one of my dogs to heat stroke. He's in the vet ICU now, and it looks like he will be there at least until tomorrow. I parked in a completely shaded spot, left water in the car, all the windows down as far as possible but it still didn't matter. I accept responsibility for my own actions and I know I'm to blame so please, no need to rant about dogs in cars. I get it now. I was most worried about this stop as it's way hotter here than in Eugene or beyond. In a way I was looking at this stop as the hardest in terms of the dogs, even though it would have likely been the shortest.

Vet bills are likely going to make it so I can't make it to Eugene, Montana or Utah. Its possible I get out under a thousand and could shoestring the rest with a rider maybe as all my campsites and tickets are paid for but I think I'm going to err on the side of caution and take my boys home and try to get to Red Rocks. I'm pretty heartbroken about this right now but I want to wish all the board people a good time. I wish it all worked out but my dogs mean more to me than the shows ultimately do. So much for my first tour since '91.

The vet seemed pretty optimistic but was concerned about a few key enzymes being elevated. I thought for sure he was a goner. I even left the tour a bit early to check on the dogs but it wasn't soon enough. That dude was right. Don't leave your dogs in a hot car unless you are a sadist and want them to die.

And what the fuck is up with gas prices in California? Fuck me they are expensive. No wonder people can't afford to do a whole tour these days.

jesus man, unfortunate timing for an unfortunate situation...good you can look back and accept responsibilit for your actions

sucks to hear about your tour schedule getting messed up, hope to see ya out here

ya, gas is expensive here, i thought we had it bad in WNY
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#62349 2 years, 10 months ago
Im sorry for your situation but for God's sakes, would you leave your child in a car while you tour a brewery? Why do people insist on bringing children and pets where they shouldn't be? Leave your pets at home or board them. I only bring my dog if the hotel allows pets and i would NEVER take her to the lot or leave her in a car. Same with kids.. the lot and inside a show is no place for small children either. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PETS AND CHILDREN IN CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope your dog recovers...please take better care of him.. pets rely on US to make good choices and take care of them...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, strangerinboulder, SunshineSue, ShakedownSteve
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#62353 2 years, 10 months ago
You don't wanna listen to a rant well your dog didnt wanna be tortured! I would say you got the better end of the deal. Dogs can't talk and require you to have a little caution and foresight to help them out because they trust you and are reliant on your understanding of life to treat them well. You just like most other people who bring dogs on tour or everywhere else with them should not have a family member that you need to take care of solely. I know you don't want a rant but your an asshole and that dog almost lost its life. Leave your dog at home if your going to drink at a brewery tour or go anywhere animals are not allowed! The reason why your dog probably got over heated is because you didn't take care of him properly before hand either. Compounding his problems from the ill attention he obviously received prior to this event. If you have to leave your dog in the car then don't do the activity that requires that action. Let me guess it's probably a pit bull too, great dogs but how lot-scene trendy of you. If you don't know what your getting yourself into please do not adopt an animal family member.

You can help yourself, they can not!

Don't be selfish and have your dog when you want and when its inconvenient you lock them in a car.

Your child would have been removed from your custody if you did this....why are you allowed to keep your dog?!

Does the end comments about tour mean that your bringing your dog on tour to be locked in cars every night? hope he/she doesn't freeze to death on winter tour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShakedownSteve
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#62357 2 years, 10 months ago
@ gr8fuljen So are you saying children shouldn't be able to enjoy the music? Because I'm planning on bringing my two son's ( 8 & 10) to their first shows in Chicago and Madison and I tell ya what if I get any sneers or snyde comments then some people will be getting a serious ear full. The music is made for everyone to enjoy not just adults and my 10 yr old is extatic at the thought of his first show, he loves GD music.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: brokenarrow
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#62363 2 years, 10 months ago
wow
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds