• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

“John Coltrane Radio” Launches on SiriusXM

#62093 3 years, 1 month ago
Note: John Coltrane had a big influence on Jerry and the deadCarlos Santana, Cindy Blackman-Santana and Ravi Coltrane host limited-run channel

By Jeff Tamarkin

Sirius XM Radio has launched “John Coltrane Radio,” a four-day long, commercial-free music channel featuring music, interviews and guest orchestral performances celebrating Coltrane’s 85th birthday.

The limited-run channel starts today, September 22, the day before Coltrane’s 85th birthday, and will run through Sunday, September 25 on channel 67.

“John Coltrane Radio,” which will be hosted by Carlos Santana, as well as his wife, musician Cindy Blackman-Santana and Coltrane’s son, saxophonist Ravi Coltrane, will feature the music spanning Trane’s career, including his over 100 albums, performances and music from his years playing with Miles Davis and Thelonious Monk.

The channel will also feature performances by the Asian-American Jazz Orchestra and Devin Philips recorded at the Portland Jazz Festival, as well as a special tribute performance by Roy Haynes and his Fountain of Youth Band recorded at the SiriusXM studios in New York.

Additionally, listeners will hear musicians such as Haynes, Hugh Masekela and Stanley Clarke share personal stories and memories about Coltrane.

For more information on SiriusXM, visit Sirius.com.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Re: “John Coltrane Radio” Launches on SiriusXM

#62094 3 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the heads up!! Just tuned in and I'm grooving on it!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#62097 3 years, 1 month ago
Thanks, this will be a very nice treat. Alice and Ravi Coltrane did a tribute concert here in town on John's 80th birthday, along with Charlie Haden and Roy Haynes. It was an amazing show, including a cool video about John's life and music. Another genius that died too young!
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#62136 3 years, 1 month ago
Just in time for fall. I love some Coltrane when there is a chill in the air.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds