• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

New Rs Weir Quotes re Letterman show

#62036 2 years, 10 months ago
The new rolling Stone has an article about the 1st season of Letterman. It talks about how Letterman & the writers basically sobered up cause they didn't wanna blow the gig. It notes the band did not weed regularly wafted out of the b ands dressing room annoying the local NBc newsies across the hall. Lee (band mamber) dabbling in coke at the time was thrilled to get a steady gig " I called up my drug dealer and and said just back up the truck and start unloading!" It goes on: When Bob Weir and Jerry Garcia appeared that April, the festivities continued offstage. Quote Weir " We partied together, Paul passed out on my floor one night. That was the 80's, we were up all night, every night"

LOL the GD weren't the only ones who spent many a night watching the sun rise in the 80's and hearin them damn birds start tweeting. Things were very sniffingly common & prevalent everywhere in those days especially the early mid 80's.

BTW I got a free subscription from Best Buy when I bought a tv, and if ya haven't checked out rolling stone recently you should. Its a great cover to cover read ( and I probably hadn't read one since 1988 or so).
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: New Rs Weir Quotes re Letterman show

#62104 2 years, 10 months ago
Maybe it's actually true that Letterman was funnier and more creative back then. I always thought I was losing interest, sounds like the writers may have been in more "creative" states back then.
You can get free Rolling Stones by buying tickets too. I think if you don't cancel though they may eventually bill you or even withdraw a payment from your credit card.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: New Rs Weir Quotes re Letterman show

#62107 2 years, 10 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Maybe it's actually true that Letterman was funnier and more creative back then. I always thought I was losing interest, sounds like the writers may have been in more "creative" states back then.
You can get free Rolling Stones by buying tickets too. I think if you don't cancel though they may eventually bill you or even withdraw a payment from your credit card.

enless it's something new they started they wont charge you if you don't cancle. I had several free subscriptions dating back a few years and eventually they would send me a bill saying "you owe this much" and then they just stopped sending them when I didn't pay. They never charged my card for anything but it's always a possibility they started to....
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds