• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Lynx
Visitor

FML

#6198 3 years, 4 months ago
This is my life, with me represented by the baby...

So I've already spent $1600 on my car this winter on brakes, a fuel pump, a few other small things. The other day (thursday) I bring it in again bc the ABS system keeps coming on when it shouldn't and I figure I need a new sensor, the mechanic agrees and says it shouldn't be that much money. Turns out the bearing in the wheel is gone too, there is a leak in the rubber hoses (that are pressurized and can't be replaced with any old hose. No you must get them from Gen. Motors) that go to the rear oil cooler, AND there is a gasket leak in the radiator that requires taking the top of the engine off to replace. Estimated cost = $1500.

Now I don't have that kind of cash and won't for a while. So AFTER I rearrange my life and my family's life so that I can get everyone where they needed to go and I can take the car to work I find out that because business is slow they have put a lot of people, including me of course, on furlough until May 1st. No pay for a month. At least I don't need the car as bad now I guess but FML!!!!!!

Sorry to rant. Just nearly in tears here while eating my Cheerios. I don't need this now. New baby coming in July. Nursery needs work too. I am SO overwhelmed at the moment. Needed to vent. On day 18 of no smoking. Why must the universe test me like this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

I GUESS IT COULD BE WAY WORSE.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

Re: FML

#6199 3 years, 4 months ago
There's no perfect solution for your tough situation. But just know that if you believe in what you believe in and you hang on until this passes, everything will be alright in the end. Just stay positive (even tho it will be hard) and do not let "desperation" influence your thought making process.

"And this, too, shall pass..."
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds