• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
blues disciple
Junior Boarder

Re: Bands you IMMEDIATELY turn off on radio

#61751 3 years, 1 month ago
Miy least favs are:

Led Zeppelin (except for Fool in the Rain)
The Rolling Stones (always were too sloppy sounding for me)
Ozzy or any heavy metal (except for AC/DC , Kiss and Guns and Roses)

and those already mentioned:

Foreigner
Journey
Rush

There's a few more too I am sure.....

BD
mjwhitegd
Junior Boarder

#61770 3 years, 1 month ago
Nickelback x10
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#61772 3 years, 1 month ago
ill give anything a listen but im not fond of gangsta rap,electronica ,house techno and top40 pop
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#61808 3 years, 1 month ago
Elton John
Queen
ELO
Lately I've been listening to the oldies station at work and have really been anjoying it.

P.S. (I love hall & Oats)
The voices tell me what to say
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#62023 3 years, 1 month ago
I sure is interesting how we all can love Grateful Dead music but differ so much in our other musical tastes. I mean, I really thought that everyone who likes good rock music would like Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John and Queen, but I guess not. We should all be grateful that so much music exists in the world that we can find whatever it is we enjoy and listen to it.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#62028 3 years, 1 month ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
I sure is interesting how we all can love Grateful Dead music but differ so much in our other musical tastes. I mean, I really thought that everyone who likes good rock music would like Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John and Queen, but I guess not. We should all be grateful that so much music exists in the world that we can find whatever it is we enjoy and listen to it.

I agree, I thought this was fascinating. Although I have to disagree a bit with all the Styx hate. I played the one below at top volume more than once when I was an angry young girl. To heck with you all if you can't handle a little mediocre synthesizer! ; )

The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#62033 3 years, 1 month ago
I'm with you sue!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#62041 3 years, 1 month ago
[quote="edheadwharfrat" post=62023]I sure is interesting how we all can love Grateful Dead music but differ so much in our other musical tastes. I mean, I really thought that everyone who likes good rock music would like Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John and Queen, but I guess not. We should all be grateful that so much music exists in the world that we can find whatever it is we enjoy and listen to it.

I'm with you on all but one Ed. Count me among the Bruce naysayers. I like 2 count em 2 of his songs Rosalita & 10th ave freezeout. The rest blech. I also mention I caught Queen in 1980 or so ( when another one bites the dust just came out) --
I went in lukewarm about them it was a spur of the moment go to the show (ah the days you could buy a ticket day of show..goes for gd too)..and they fin ROCKED. I was young and somewhat stilli impressionable but I still count it as one of my all time fave shows (non dead division). Freddy Mercury was a helluva front man and they really "jammed" out songs - no note for note like the record bs. Everyones entitled to their opinion but how someone who likes rock and roll cannot like the Stones needs some schoolin IMHO
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#62061 3 years, 1 month ago
[quote="Walk in the Sunshine" post=62041]edheadwharfrat wrote:

I'm with you on all but one Ed. Count me among the Bruce naysayers. I like 2 count em 2 of his songs Rosalita & 10th ave freezeout. The rest blech. I also mention I caught Queen in 1980 or so ( when another one bites the dust just came out) --
I went in lukewarm about them it was a spur of the moment go to the show (ah the days you could buy a ticket day of show..goes for gd too)..and they fin ROCKED. I was young and somewhat stilli impressionable but I still count it as one of my all time fave shows (non dead division). Freddy Mercury was a helluva front man and they really "jammed" out songs - no note for note like the record bs. Everyones entitled to their opinion but how someone who likes rock and roll cannot like the Stones needs some schoolin IMHO

I saw Billy Idol open for Queen in 8/82 (?) @ the old McNichol's Sports Arena. Billy sucked. Queen freakin' ripped it. Brian May on guitar is sick. Freddy had an awesome stage presence.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by strangerinboulder.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#62070 3 years, 1 month ago
Of course you saw Queen ... I swear to god when we meet up at Red Rocks if you *look like me (which is damn good btw LOL) someone is gonna have some splainin to do bro

Here's a lil somethin:

*I forgot a key word when posting this ..u know how it is
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds