• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Bands you IMMEDIATELY turn off on radio

#61539 3 years, 1 month ago
Any rap, except for Public Enemy, De La Soul and Arrested Development. Gregg Allman said it best: "Rap is short for crap!"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#61611 3 years, 1 month ago
The Police
Genesis/Phil Collins
Bruce Springsteen (with a couple exceptions)
The Fixx - "One Thing Leads To Another" is my least favorite song of all time. Now that I've thought about it, I'll have it running through my head for hours.

Rap will make me move at the speed of light to turn it off or get away from it.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#61614 3 years, 1 month ago
Anything. Since our radio stations suck ass around here......all they play is top 40 so you hear the same shit all the time...so I don't listen to the radio at all. In fact that is how I got on the bus....a local college student dj played a studio version of scarlet begonias one day and happen to stumble upon it scanning the channels. The signal from the station has a radius of like 3 miles so you drive in and out of it pretty quickly and i just happen to catch it....the rest is history. After 30 years of listenin to the same shit over and over, i just don't listen anymore. I got the boys on my ipod touch and i change shows from time to time, but i don't touch the radio.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#61617 3 years, 1 month ago
For the last year, I've only listened to XM radio. I might switch stations if I hear something that's not on my A list. For instance, if I'm on the GD Channel and "My and My Uncle" comes on and I don't really feel it, I'll switch to the JamOn Channel. Then, if the Disco Biscuits comes on, I'll go back to the GD Channel. Life is simple now.
Without love day to day insanity's king
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#61665 3 years, 1 month ago
njt1rider wrote:
springsteen? you are crazy

i get that a lot but for some reason i can't stand springsteen i don't know exactly why but he, U2, and frampton are my least favorites of all time
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#61677 3 years, 1 month ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
njt1rider wrote:
springsteen? you are crazy

i get that a lot but for some reason i can't stand springsteen i don't know exactly why but he, U2, and frampton are my least favorites of all time

Funny, I grew up in the heyday of Springsteen and everyone loved him like we love furthur and the dead. I really got tired of him quick, it was overplayed and he sounded like a mumbling big dummy to me. I used to tell my friends he sucked and they'd tell me the dead sucked. More in fun.

Now when I hear the old Springsteen stuff I enjoy it. Guess it grows on you.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#61697 3 years, 1 month ago
i think thats part of the reason why i can't stand him i feel like everyone loves him and he is always on the radio i guess i got sick of hearing it from a young age before i was even really aware what i was listening to
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#61718 3 years, 1 month ago
when I hear hip-hop I destroy the stereo
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#61745 3 years, 1 month ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
i think thats part of the reason why i can't stand him i feel like everyone loves him and he is always on the radio i guess i got sick of hearing it from a young age before i was even really aware what i was listening to

That's probaly why I don't like him. He was the most popular human being in the world at my high school.
This was during Born in the USA hysteria. I hated the song, the kids that liked him, and I hated the album cover.
I got way more enjoyment from Steven Van Zandt on the Sopranos than I ever did in Springsteen's band.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#61750 3 years, 1 month ago
Nickleback
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds