• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

Acoustic Furthur

#61256 3 years ago
Listening to my sbd copy of 9/20/70 acoustic set right now wondering how some acoustic Furthur would go over, I really enjoyed the Deads last tour with some acoustic thrown in, Phil singing Peggy o is a highlight for me. What y'all think?
wngfan
Junior Boarder

Re: Acoustic Furthur

#61257 3 years ago
I think an acoustic Furthur set would be great in a format like TRI studio broadcast. I don't think it would work, for example, at a place like Cuthbert this weekend or Red Rocks. I am sure most people would be too amped up and craving the full electric sound
The following user(s) said Thank You: St.Stephenhead
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#61262 3 years ago
They did an acoustic set at Phil's birthday show in 2010.
www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-03-1...ficial.112973.flac16
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherone78
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#61266 3 years ago
It was at phil bday and it was great. That venue is also great for acoustics. I would love to hear a black throated wind live acoustic like the TRI.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#61267 3 years ago
otherone78 wrote:
Listening to my sbd copy of 9/20/70 acoustic set right now wondering how some acoustic Furthur would go over, I really enjoyed the Deads last tour with some acoustic thrown in, Phil singing Peggy o is a highlight for me. What y'all think?

I dig the acoustic too, El Paso is another one from that 95 tour. Would love to hear a little oh boy and wake up lil suzzy, I saw the video from TRI of Bobby doing it and it was rocking!
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#61278 3 years ago
I'd love to see another "Taxi Tour" like the Dead did in April of 2009. Acoustic Furthur at Angel Orensanz would be awesome. Small, beautiful and GREAT acoustics. Loved following the band around the city for the day... could we do that again?
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Chester
More or less in line

#61279 3 years ago
I'm all for it. The Grateful Dead did that a a lot back in the day. Lets mix it up. Do a few acoustic songs each show. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#61280 3 years ago
i'd like to see Furthur do a nice long run at the Warfield (like the GD did back in 1980) with a 3-set format. acoustic set, then 2 electric sets. that would be very cool.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#61293 3 years ago
They could pull this off in a larger venue. For one of the last Phil & Friends tours they did an acoustic set in Camden and it sounded great.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#61323 3 years ago
I'd love it. Was hoping for one at Phil's Biday this year but was a great show nonetheless...
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds