• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Sirius is streaming Vegas Live

#67900 2 years, 6 months ago
Three hours to go, this is gonna be a late one. More Furthur in the mean time on Gdradio
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Fresh Boarder

#67937 2 years, 6 months ago
Ya man Sirius is serious and Gary Lambert knows his stuff can't wait to hear the show Eugene was off the bo bizell.....
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#67947 2 years, 6 months ago
David Gans will join Gary too (remotely). David is also very knowledgeable.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#67980 2 years, 6 months ago
This 5/15/70 Fillmore East show- (Dick's Picks 3-3) is probably my all time favorite, if I had to pick an early one... love Bobby's really enthusiastic Minglewood Blues and Jerry's super slooooow I Know You Rider. Also GD psychedelia @ it's finest.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#69638 2 years, 6 months ago
FYI, if anyone is thinking about renewing their Sirius account, or starting one after the free trial, be aware that Sirius will lower the rate that they charge you if you just ask. For the third year in a row, today I renewed for about half of the price they initially quoted me. Basically, if you just say you're going to drop, they'll offer you a cheap rate to stay. They first quoted me $175/year. I said I can't afford that, and they immediately lowered it to $84/year, and then with internet added it ended up being an even $100 total for another year. I've found Comcast will also lower your price to prevent you from leaving (just say the word "Dish" or "ATT" and they'll throw discounts at you!).

Figure every little bit helps these days!
Chester
More or less in line

#69640 2 years, 6 months ago
If I had the cash to spare, I'd do it. They do, (or try to do), a simulcast a couple times a year. So it's good for that.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#69642 2 years, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
FYI, if anyone is thinking about renewing their Sirius account, or starting one after the free trial, be aware that Sirius will lower the rate that they charge you if you just ask. For the third year in a row, today I renewed for about half of the price they initially quoted me. Basically, if you just say you're going to drop, they'll offer you a cheap rate to stay. They first quoted me $175/year. I said I can't afford that, and they immediately lowered it to $84/year, and then with internet added it ended up being an even $100 total for another year. I've found Comcast will also lower your price to prevent you from leaving (just say the word "Dish" or "ATT" and they'll throw discounts at you!).

Figure every little bit helps these days!

I wonder how much they would "sell" a lifetime subscription for. I know some people who have that. At first I was afraid the company would not survive (based on the stock price and the huge payouts to Howard Stern etc) but it feels like they are here to stay. Having a free trial in a new car is very smart advertising. Hooked me.

Anyway, something to consider (lifetime membership)
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#69643 2 years, 6 months ago
I got hooked after the 90 day free trial that came with my new car, but I wasn't sharp enough to ask for a discount when I signed up and now I pay $20.00/month including on-line access. Thanks for telling me about the bargaining possibility. I'm going to give that a shot and hopefully save some money. Though I have to say that even at my current rate it is worth it. I can't say enough good things about satellite radio.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Chester
More or less in line

#69651 2 years, 6 months ago
It must be even better for the car. Big advantage over regular radio.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#69674 2 years, 6 months ago
I'm getting a little bit of static on every channel listening online, its not always there but it is a lot of the time and thats ever since the broadcast not just today. It's alright but with gdradio/archive/etree I wouldn't pay 10 bux for it, especially when you could just use a different e-mail address and get another free week subscription whenever something good you want to hear is on. Not trying to be harsh on the station, I think its very nice that they have it - just sayin'. I think gdradio has an app for ipods and i-phones and stuff for $1 so you can listen everywhere you go....
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds