• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: I built my first electric guitar!

#60973 3 years ago
Thanks for the encouraging words everybody!! the pickups are Lindy Fralin, they sound super rich and are heavy on the bass (for a stratocaster anyway) but it really adds a thick dimension to the sound while maintaining the brightness or your original stratocaster) which works well with some overdrive or fuzz. if anybody wants more specific info. let me know. PS I believe Bob uses some really inventive split blade humbuckers for single coil setups wound by this guy...not sure though, but they sure look like it up close.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#60980 3 years ago
Sweetness
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#60985 3 years ago
OtherOne wrote:
Gorgeous guitar, want to build me one?? Any plans on selling any?

I'd love to turn this into a life long pursuit and am eager to do so. Right now I'm a grad. student in the geology department at UMASS in amherst. This guitar alone has taken me awhile longer than I thought it would due to other obligations. But this December I'm done with my Master's and will be moving to the Bay Area...Finally!! Hopefully there I can pursue my real passion to a greater extent and become a full-time luthier. I love working with wood and would love to hear any suggestions on where there is a strong luthier/musician community in the local Bay Area. I know that's pretty much everywhere but any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
Robbie Cz
Fresh Boarder

#60992 3 years ago
It looks nice.
Did you carve the neck or is it a CNC made neck? Did you do the finish on the guitar and neck? if so, did you use Nitrocelulose lacqure from a can or do you have a spray booth? Or perhaps a water base Lacqure?

Thanks
Chester
More or less in line

#60997 3 years ago
That is beautiful. You made the body, and neck from scartch? Awesome work. I have an old epiphone, that I've been itching
to completely re-do. I want to change up the neck, and rewire it with new pick ups, and everything. But i'm going to use
already made parts.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#60998 3 years ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Thanks for the encouraging words everybody!! the pickups are Lindy Fralin, they sound super rich and are heavy on the bass (for a stratocaster anyway) but it really adds a thick dimension to the sound while maintaining the brightness or your original stratocaster) which works well with some overdrive or fuzz. if anybody wants more specific info. let me know. PS I believe Bob uses some really inventive split blade humbuckers for single coil setups wound by this guy...not sure though, but they sure look like it up close.

good choice, i like Fralins. also a huge fan of Lollars and Rio Grande.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds