• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

How about a REAL tour!!!

#6085 3 years, 6 months ago
Ok, there's got to be some way to this band to put together a real tour west of Chicago.. We've had 4 WHOPPING shows in the NW region of this country. 4 since this band began!!.. Meanwhile NY-proper is going on 40+.....
Then today I see the the Widespread Panic summer tour schedule and just drool.. Amazing towns, amazing venues.. ..And such a great spread out tour: Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Cali....

Then you look at Furthur (and Phil's previous) tours and it's just a mash of shows in a 100 mile radius of NYC. Then a few light sprinkles on the West coast.
I know it's a $$$$$ thing... But I'm sick of that excuse.. Is it a lazy tour manager or just a plain and simple disinterest in touring?? It's a real bummer when you have to listen to NYC'ers bitch and moan about the shows they are going to. They are so saturated with Furthur out there it's pathetic... Meanwhile, we old school family out here on the silly coast get maybe a few shows tops, ALL YEAR...

These shows recently in NY have been MONSTEROUS.... I'm just hoping for some MONSTEROUS possibilities out west in the near future........
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

Re: How about a REAL tour!!!

#6087 3 years, 6 months ago
I believe i read on here somewhere, that jill (phils wife) said they will be doing a west coast tour sometime in the fall i think, i forgot what thread it was under, but i deffinatly recall her writing about getting more shows out there, im from ny and i actually feel bad for all the other places and heads that are not getting to experience this band as much as they could!
Monkeyfoot
Junior Boarder

#6088 3 years, 6 months ago
It's crazy that the Bay Area will not have a show between New Years and 6/1.
I thought for sure that us Westies would get a show between the Colorado run and the East Coast shows - there was a gap of about 2 1/2 weeks in there. I thought maybe we'd get a Mardis Gras show or something, but no dice.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#6101 3 years, 6 months ago
I echo the statements of feeling bad for other parts of the country! I've been quite spoiled with the avilabilty of Furthur. I totally agree with Furthur needing to get out west more! Theres big enough cities out there where they can do mulitnight stands to make it easier on travel!
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#6106 3 years, 6 months ago
johnnyhub wrote:
Ok, there's got to be some way to this band to put together a real tour west of Chicago.. We've had 4 WHOPPING shows in the NW region of this country. 4 since this band began!!.. Meanwhile NY-proper is going on 40+.....
Then today I see the the Widespread Panic summer tour schedule and just drool.. Amazing towns, amazing venues.. ..And such a great spread out tour: Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Cali....

Then you look at Furthur (and Phil's previous) tours and it's just a mash of shows in a 100 mile radius of NYC. Then a few light sprinkles on the West coast.
I know it's a $$$$$ thing... But I'm sick of that excuse.. Is it a lazy tour manager or just a plain and simple disinterest in touring?? It's a real bummer when you have to listen to NYC'ers bitch and moan about the shows they are going to. They are so saturated with Furthur out there it's pathetic... Meanwhile, we old school family out here on the silly coast get maybe a few shows tops, ALL YEAR...

These shows recently in NY have been MONSTEROUS.... I'm just hoping for some MONSTEROUS possibilities out west in the near future........

Be glad you live on the west coast. In Ohio, Furthur have been here Twice.I havent got to listen to any thing but DL's and Streams since last July. Count your Blessings.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Voodoo Chile
Junior Boarder

#6108 3 years, 6 months ago
Jill comment:

Re: Summer schedule?
#73 2 weeks, 3 days ago

We are still finalizing things but Shoreline will be a stand alone and we will do two weeks in July along with a few weeks on the West Coast late September.
Got to get ready for the show - have a great night everyone...

www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion/36-summer-schedule#73
"Distant life, different name
Another ride, just the same"
hunter/lesh
au516
Fresh Boarder

#6133 3 years, 6 months ago
Agreed! 0 shows in Texas.........and I thought T was for Texas?
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#6151 3 years, 6 months ago
Ohio? OHIO? They played Cincy last November, and last summer tour. They've played in Rochester and buffalo, both doable drives from Ohio.

Sounds liek to me you're not Deadicated enough
jazfish
Junior Boarder

#6187 3 years, 6 months ago
Yep some shows in the deep south or TEXAS would be cool.
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#6193 3 years, 6 months ago
There has never been anything GD related playing closer than 90 miles from my house! unless you count DSO who has played in my town.
That said, I can't take it personally. I'm sure where they play is a business decision.These days I just want them to play when I'm able to make it, which isn't often. Doesn't matter so much where.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds