• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mddichard07
Junior Boarder

will 11/11/ at syracuse sell out?

#60739 2 years, 7 months ago
anyone know how big the venue is and the chances of tickets selling out there?
Chester
More or less in line

Re: will 11/11/ at syracuse sell out?

#60740 2 years, 7 months ago
Capacity is listed as 7000 for the Arena. I think it will sell out, but not right away.
www.oncenter.org/venue/war-memorial-arena
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mddichard07
mddichard07
Junior Boarder

#61068 2 years, 7 months ago
cross your fingers for me!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#61176 2 years, 7 months ago
only reason it may not sell out is because they will be in buffalo a couple nights later...i imagine it would though...i thought the place only held somewhere around 5, but now that i think about it 6,500 sounds more like it, closer to that 7K
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#61188 2 years, 7 months ago
I think it will sell out, mostly because it's a friday night. And then, the 11/11/ thing. But it probably wont sell out til day of.
The last time I was there was for a JGB show in 93.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#61197 2 years, 7 months ago
Just saw an blog on syracuse.com about the show on 11/11, usually when the boys roll through no one covers in the media at all so this little blog may increase the chances of it selling out.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#61206 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
only reason it may not sell out is because they will be in buffalo a couple nights later...i imagine it would though...i thought the place only held somewhere around 5, but now that i think about it 6,500 sounds more like it, closer to that 7K
I really don't see what Buffalo has to do with Syracuse in this instance.As Chester stated the 'Cuse show is on a Friday.I think people from Utica,Rochester,Binghamton,Oswego and other parts of Central New York would prefer a Friday show to a Sunday show.The HSBC or First Niagara or whatever it's called now is too big of a venue,it was far from full when The Dead played there in '09.They may draw some Canadians across the border for the Buffalo show though.When Phil and Friends played the Oncenter in '07 the had a curtain cutting off the floor 3/4 of the way which also left all the seats in center field cut off as well.This will be the first time Phil and Bobby play together in Syracuse since the Carrier Dome in the mid 80's.I think alot of CNY heads will hit Syracuse and not Buffalo due to the Friday vs. Sunday thing.We shall see
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#61235 2 years, 7 months ago
simple, 2 upstate NY shows 2 hours away from each other...not everybody goes to every show man, they have everything to do with each ther...if they werent playing one of those cities, everybody from the one would be traveling to the other..a lot pf people from those cities will see no need to go to the other
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#61271 2 years, 7 months ago
But there's a lot of us going to both. And Buffalo will draw in people from Pa, and Ohio. But, I predict Buffalo wont sell out,
mostly because it's such a big place, and because it's a sunday. There will be a nice crowd there. But plenty of dance room.
Buffalo arena, is almost 3 times as big as Syracuse.
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#61275 2 years, 7 months ago
Looks like the only sell out thus far is Indy.
Right now, I can't read too well...
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds