• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Public Encounters

#60695 3 years, 1 month ago
Ever meet another Deadhead out in public, maybe in a weird way or the unlikeliest of places? I grew up in Deerfield, Illinois. When I lived there the Chicago Bulls had their practice facility in town and many of the players lived in the area. One day I was walking through a parking lot on my way to Walgreens when I saw head coach (and avid Deadhead) Phil Jackson walking my way. This was when the Bulls were winning all their championships and I'm sure he got bothered a lot in public by autograph seekers and such, so I figured I'd give him a break and ignore him. As I'm getting closer to him I notice he's staring at me, like REALLY staring at me, and I think to myself "what the fuck is he looking at me like that for?" As we pass each other he didn't say anything but he had a slight smile on his face and he nodded at me, and I thought "what the hell was that about?" Then I realized I was wearing a Jerry Band t-shirt. It was a lot t-shirt with the Cats Under The Stars logo with the Cat In The Hat in place of the black cat. It didn't say Jerry Band on it so only a true Head would have recognized it. I kicked myself afterwards. Maybe he would have been interested in trading tapes or something.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

Re: Public Encounters

#60696 3 years, 1 month ago
philjacksonthedeadhead.jpg
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#60697 3 years, 1 month ago
Damn he got old.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#60703 3 years, 1 month ago
But he's still gorgeous, and I'm so jealous of both of you! I hate the Bulls and the Lakers, but love Phil. : )

I met Al Franken, but it was at a lecture/book signing, so I'm not sure that counts.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#60707 3 years, 1 month ago
did not take this picture , just a hand me down. Rumor has it that he will be at the Rocks tho : D
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#60717 3 years, 1 month ago
Last year at Red Rocks my gil and I were getting into the elevator at the Ritz Carlton hotel and as the doors were closing who peeks his head around the corner? Mr. Phil Lesh....and then the doors closed and he was gone. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!
The voices tell me what to say
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#60741 3 years, 1 month ago
i actually just got back from eating sushi and i came in with a jerry shirt and a gd type designed flat bill, and right after i sit down the waitress puts on a dead album which was cool, but then another guy comes in and sits down and starts shootin the shit with me about furthur and goin to eugene but then when i got up to leave he gets all excited about my tshirt and jumps up and gives me a hug lol it was strange but cool. anyway thought it was funny but i suppose these things tend to happen in southern oregon
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#60759 3 years, 1 month ago
Just went out for Mexican food with kid and he was asking me about the Brent t shirt I was wearing. When we were leving a middle aged couple came up an asked me if I knew the guy who made my shirt, they ended up being friends of his. Love ya Brent!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#60764 3 years, 1 month ago
My last one was at a nice bar and they noticed my Tatto. And gave each other hug and the people at the table started sing Casey jones and I was happy to sing along. If I see a syf or and other sign of gd I'm going to approach them and say hi. I love gdf
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#60785 3 years, 1 month ago
i was standing outside bill grahm civic aud. on dec 30 2010 and this guy whos dressed to the 9s all in a tux, not a suit, a tux, hat and cane and all, looks like he owns the place, well im bascially standing outside lookinmg in the large glass doors, dancing to the music flooding into the streets, he walkis over, i think to tell me to kick rocks ifn i dont have a ticket, well he didnt, he told me he used to work for bill grahamn himself, then bums a cig. give a me a ticket, its only halfway through the first set, and walks right in passed the people who take tickets like he owned the place. i have no idea who he was, but i wont ever forget that night.
THANKS DUDE WHOMEVER YOU ARE!
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds