• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: THE TIME HAS COME

#60536 3 years ago
Good point. I've found that to be very true as well. The police actively look for stickers. Definitely a form of profiling. Be careful.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Kind_Head
Junior Boarder

#60539 3 years ago
No but I do drive a 2 door BMW thats lowered on race suspension.. lol

I have a stealie on my window now that has a BMW roundel in it... Now that I know I will never be rolling around with anything illegal in my car probably ever again, especially across state borders!

regardless of my car being really hot, having out of state plates driving on that highway is enough for them to wanna stop ya. The cop literally reached in the car and pretended to grab something out of my passengers lap.. to pull out a tiny spec of what was said to be marijuana. The people I talked to in jail said he did the exact same thing to them. We hadn't even smoked anything yet, we just woke up from the hotel were only on the road for 20 minutes... Of course... there was no evidence of that spec of weed to be found. I swear the guy rolls around with specs of oregano and pulls that on kids left and right. My lawyer in rapid city even told me he has had multiple cases with the same officer... where he has done the same thing. These guys are crooked as fuck. Luckily we all have amazing family and friends to help out with our finances. One thing I learned is if you dump enough money back into the system.. it almost doesnt matter what drug charges you face. Slap on the wrist, thanks for your money, dont do it again or else we will really fuck you. Our legal system is so ass backwards its sad.

.. But you know, its only a big hump on an even longer road... and the wheel keeps on turnin!

South Dakota is beautiful country. I love the black hills and all the history that lies there, just be careful if you dont like being on long car rides without your medicine.
In the end theres just a song.. Its cryin' down the wind!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#60543 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
drpsilocybo wrote:
I don't mean to be a downer but I heard the Mt. Rushmore is Lame. You should skip it so you have more time to do awesome stuff.

i'm a social studies teacher, making me a history nerd, and i've never been there in person, never been to south dakota...i like a lot of things people consider "lame"

edit: it is also only approximately 70 miles from badlands national park, a place i definitely want to see!

dude I'm a history major! and definitely a history nerd, what grade do you teach?

fun fact about mt. rushmore: the Black Hills were given to the Lakota Indians in a treaty in 1868. Less than a decade later gold was discovered and the Indians were forcefully removed. In 1980 the supreme court ruled that the land was taken illegally, but rather then return the land they ordered the Lakota to be paid off, which they refused. The money is sitting in an interest bearing account, but the Lakota refuse to touch it, as this would in a way be accepting payment for their sacred land.

and Gutzon Borglum, the artist who sculpted mt. rushmore, was a memer of the KKK.
derek92
Junior Boarder

#60594 3 years ago
Kind_Head wrote:
No but I do drive a 2 door BMW thats lowered on race suspension.. lol

I have a stealie on my window now that has a BMW roundel in it... Now that I know I will never be rolling around with anything illegal in my car probably ever again, especially across state borders!

regardless of my car being really hot, having out of state plates driving on that highway is enough for them to wanna stop ya. The cop literally reached in the car and pretended to grab something out of my passengers lap.. to pull out a tiny spec of what was said to be marijuana. The people I talked to in jail said he did the exact same thing to them. We hadn't even smoked anything yet, we just woke up from the hotel were only on the road for 20 minutes... Of course... there was no evidence of that spec of weed to be found. I swear the guy rolls around with specs of oregano and pulls that on kids left and right. My lawyer in rapid city even told me he has had multiple cases with the same officer... where he has done the same thing. These guys are crooked as fuck. Luckily we all have amazing family and friends to help out with our finances. One thing I learned is if you dump enough money back into the system.. it almost doesnt matter what drug charges you face. Slap on the wrist, thanks for your money, dont do it again or else we will really fuck you. Our legal system is so ass backwards its sad.

.. But you know, its only a big hump on an even longer road... and the wheel keeps on turnin!

South Dakota is beautiful country. I love the black hills and all the history that lies there, just be careful if you dont like being on long car rides without your medicine.

thats funny i also own a bmw no dead stickers tho no no and minnesota is that state i hate because they fucked me once almost the same story but i was going ten under
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#60626 3 years ago
Chester wrote:
Good point. I've found that to be very true as well. The police actively look for stickers. Definitely a form of profiling. Be careful.

I know how that goes....been A target of that profiling once....

Also I'll never travel wearing tie dye....learned my lesson lol
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#60646 3 years ago
I have always been told that having a Dead sticker on your vehicle in N.C. is "probable cause" and gives the popo the right to stop and search your vehicle.
Driving a '70 VW Bus with a great sticker collection on it got me pulled over sooo many times it was pathetic. Had one cop pull me for "looking suspicious". After going through everything in the bus and finding nothing more than the swiss army knife I told him he would find he walks back to me and says "You hippie van people must all know each other and all have the same hiding spot for your dope". He then tells me he dose'nt ever want to see me in his town again! I wanted to tell him the feeling was mutual but am good at keeping my yap shut.
Traveling incognito is so much safer.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#61180 3 years ago
derek92 wrote:
wlewis wrote:
drpsilocybo wrote:
I don't mean to be a downer but I heard the Mt. Rushmore is Lame. You should skip it so you have more time to do awesome stuff.

i'm a social studies teacher, making me a history nerd, and i've never been there in person, never been to south dakota...i like a lot of things people consider "lame"

edit: it is also only approximately 70 miles from badlands national park, a place i definitely want to see!

had to post i am from South Dakota Sioux falls which is on the other side of the state but the hills and bandlands and Mt. Rushmore are all pretty cool places worth seeing once
i would recommend crazy horse and devils tower is sweet but that is actually in wy

excellent, yeah i drove right thru there on my way out to badlands... went to badlands (unfortunately dislocated my shoulder losing my footing), mt rushmore, and crazy horse, it was incredible, honestly some INTENSE stuff
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#61182 3 years ago
Kind_Head wrote:
If you want my 2 cents. skip South Dakota. The band lands are very cool, and it a beautiful sight to experience. If you DO go there.. dont even think about lighting up anyything green while driving. The state troops there DO NOT fuck around!

I was coming back from Furthur at RR last fall and we decided to go through SD. We had some weed on us... and 12lbs of hash oil candies. They pulled me over no NOOO reason at all. said I was speeding even tho I wasnt. Before we knew it we had the dogs on us just because they said we looked nervous(literally that was his police report said). We ended up in jail facing 3 serious felonies and 2 yrs prison. They will get you for having clean glass pipe in that state, and their state troopers are just looking for hippies driving down i90 so they can pull you over.
Luckily it all worked out for everyone in the car, but trust me its a lot of bullshit you do not wanna have to deal with.

If you do go there.. steer very clear of i90. If you go up through the badlands it is verryy chill. Stick to the backroads to get there.
Im thankful today of what happened because it was a good life experience and I learned a lot from it. It put me where I needed to be in my life right now. But its still a lot of un wanted stress. People say Nebraska is bad.. I go through there every time I go out west and Ive never had a problem.

Just saying.. be careful. Trying to save you some heartache. They will throw you in jail for a small amount of pot, no questions. (besides the ones that investigator BJ George will be asking you... and hes a genuine ass hole)
I was sitting in Jail with 2 or 3 kids that had the EXACT same thing happen to them. Same officer, same highway and everything.. pulled them over for no reason, they just profile and go with their gut instinct.

i appreciate the concern friend...although i am reading this after the matter of the fact..as i previously mentioned above to someone else, i visited badlands, mt. rushmore, and crazy horse, they were all breathtaking, and what they are planning to do with crazy horse over the next decade or so is quite impressive...i drove I-90 all the way through SD, east to west, no problems whatsoever, in fact, i only saw one cop, on the other side of the interstate and it was as i was leaving the state and entering wyoming, finally got to see their tan cruisers, thankfully didn't get the meet and greet

also, nebraska is a breeze, same deal as SD for me, see one cop if i'm lucky, and those are some big ass states horizontally speaking, kansas is what i worry about
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#61187 3 years ago
Sounds like a dream trip. I've always wanted to do the same thing. Maybe someday. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#61201 3 years ago
that sucks about your shoulder, hope it dosn't ruin your good time at any shows or become a drag on the long trip or anything like that...
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds