Re: THE TIME HAS COME

#60410 2 years, 11 months ago
Enjoy the ride, must be exciting. See you in Monterey
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#60414 2 years, 11 months ago
Have a safe great trip!! Maybe I'll see you a Red Rocks.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#60425 2 years, 11 months ago
Safe travels. I am very envious that trip sounds like a ton of fun. Not sure at my age I could withstand it ..but I sure wouldn't mind tryin- 3 tower shows in a row damn near killed me this spring. Anyway be careful and get the band nice and warmed up for the Rocks !
leshweirD
Junior Boarder

#60477 2 years, 11 months ago
See you out there shortly!!
Flying out on Thursday, which is when it begins for us!!
Yaaaaa Hoooo!!!
derek92
Junior Boarder

#60504 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
drpsilocybo wrote:
I don't mean to be a downer but I heard the Mt. Rushmore is Lame. You should skip it so you have more time to do awesome stuff.

i'm a social studies teacher, making me a history nerd, and i've never been there in person, never been to south dakota...i like a lot of things people consider "lame"

edit: it is also only approximately 70 miles from badlands national park, a place i definitely want to see!

had to post i am from South Dakota Sioux falls which is on the other side of the state but the hills and bandlands and Mt. Rushmore are all pretty cool places worth seeing once
i would recommend crazy horse and devils tower is sweet but that is actually in wy
Kind_Head
Junior Boarder

#60519 2 years, 11 months ago
If you want my 2 cents. skip South Dakota. The band lands are very cool, and it a beautiful sight to experience. If you DO go there.. dont even think about lighting up anyything green while driving. The state troops there DO NOT fuck around!

I was coming back from Furthur at RR last fall and we decided to go through SD. We had some weed on us... and 12lbs of hash oil candies. They pulled me over no NOOO reason at all. said I was speeding even tho I wasnt. Before we knew it we had the dogs on us just because they said we looked nervous(literally that was his police report said). We ended up in jail facing 3 serious felonies and 2 yrs prison. They will get you for having clean glass pipe in that state, and their state troopers are just looking for hippies driving down i90 so they can pull you over.
Luckily it all worked out for everyone in the car, but trust me its a lot of bullshit you do not wanna have to deal with.

If you do go there.. steer very clear of i90. If you go up through the badlands it is verryy chill. Stick to the backroads to get there.
Im thankful today of what happened because it was a good life experience and I learned a lot from it. It put me where I needed to be in my life right now. But its still a lot of un wanted stress. People say Nebraska is bad.. I go through there every time I go out west and Ive never had a problem.

Just saying.. be careful. Trying to save you some heartache. They will throw you in jail for a small amount of pot, no questions. (besides the ones that investigator BJ George will be asking you... and hes a genuine ass hole)
I was sitting in Jail with 2 or 3 kids that had the EXACT same thing happen to them. Same officer, same highway and everything.. pulled them over for no reason, they just profile and go with their gut instinct.
In the end theres just a song.. Its cryin' down the wind!
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadontherivet, St.Stephenhead
derek92
Junior Boarder

#60529 2 years, 11 months ago
Kind_Head wrote:
If you want my 2 cents. skip South Dakota. The band lands are very cool, and it a beautiful sight to experience. If you DO go there.. dont even think about lighting up anyything green while driving. The state troops there DO NOT fuck around!

I was coming back from Furthur at RR last fall and we decided to go through SD. We had some weed on us... and 12lbs of hash oil candies. They pulled me over no NOOO reason at all. said I was speeding even tho I wasnt. Before we knew it we had the dogs on us just because they said we looked nervous(literally that was his police report said). We ended up in jail facing 3 serious felonies and 2 yrs prison. They will get you for having clean glass pipe in that state, and their state troopers are just looking for hippies driving down i90 so they can pull you over.
Luckily it all worked out for everyone in the car, but trust me its a lot of bullshit you do not wanna have to deal with.

If you do go there.. steer very clear of i90. If you go up through the badlands it is verryy chill. Stick to the backroads to get there.
Im thankful today of what happened because it was a good life experience and I learned a lot from it. It put me where I needed to be in my life right now. But its still a lot of un wanted stress. People say Nebraska is bad.. I go through there every time I go out west and Ive never had a problem.

Just saying.. be careful. Trying to save you some heartache. They will throw you in jail for a small amount of pot, no questions. (besides the ones that investigator BJ George will be asking you... and hes a genuine ass hole)
I was sitting in Jail with 2 or 3 kids that had the EXACT same thing happen to them. Same officer, same highway and everything.. pulled them over for no reason, they just profile and go with their gut instinct.

where in the state did this happen? the east side highway patrol is awfully brutal the west side is fine though
Kind_Head
Junior Boarder

#60533 2 years, 11 months ago
like 15 minutes east of rapid city was where we got pulled over.
In the end theres just a song.. Its cryin' down the wind!
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#60535 2 years, 11 months ago
Good info but that sucks. Did you have any stickers or anything on your ride? I learned along time ago that SYF stickers also works as a great cop magnet. I have a dead sticker on my Jeep, but it is one of the white oval GD ones. No issues from the cops, they probably think I'm showing my love for Greenland.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds