• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#95473 2 years, 8 months ago
Mr Moderator. A suggestion has been raised, to create a "Shakedown Forum", on this board. The purpose of this forum
would be specifically for those who want to trade, buy, or sell, various products, such as, homemade Tie Dye's, jewelry,
cd's of their own bands, and even allow some folks who run cool "hippie style" shops, to promote their business. It would
obviously not be for buying or selling anything trademarked, or copyrighted, unless liscensed to do so. Nothing illegal, or
immoral. And there would be an understanding amongst all, that forum would be the only place on the board to do that.
This forum would serve to keep the main part of the board free of business, and open for our conversations. Without any
commercial distractions. Now, this is truly up to the administrators of the site. We're only suggesting it. But, I think it's
worthy of discussion. Thank you.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , captaintony, ecojaded, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#101050 2 years, 8 months ago
here, here......and a section just for tickets/ride shares would be good also
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#101135 2 years, 8 months ago
An Android version of the site would be appreciated. We need an app
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#101194 2 years, 8 months ago
will work for doses wrote:
here, here......and a section just for tickets/ride shares would be good also

they have that its the fan connect section FYI check it out
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#101837 2 years, 8 months ago
I have a couple questions.. I am confused about how private messages work in the fan connect area.. I only noticed that I had private messages because of an email I received (no notification comes up when I sign in, or one that is noticeable near my login info, like other forums). I clicked the link in my email and it took me to my inbox, where it was displayed. Underneath the message is a blank box that says, [write a reply].

So I typed out my response, clicked [add reply], but at first, the box never changed. But after I refreshed my page (F5) and it showed the message I replied with. On many other forums I belong to, it says message sent, and it is saved in my sent folder, or if I opt out of this feature it's not saved. This forum doesn't do that, and I thought my message had not gone through. It shows the whole conversation in my inbox and sent box, now, but not sure if it shows it in their inbox and sent box.

Now, I am wondering if that message was sent to the person who sent me the message? Does it show up in their inbox? Do I have to go to their profile and click on something to send them a new message, or does my reply automatically go to them?

I tried to send another message not knowing if it worked, and it showed my first message but it showed it on my page. So I am not sure if the people I have been trying to reply to are getting my messages or if they are just staying in my inbox/sent box? When I saw I had sent two similar messages, I clicked to delete the nearly identical message I had re-sent, since I didn't know if it worked.

Does this mean I actually sent them two messages, or, when I deleted the duplicate message from my sent box is it only sending them the first one, or have they gotten either of them or both? I am just really confused on how each page and the whole messaging system works here. I am guessing that I just sent duplicate messages to people when I wasn't sure if they went through. I am not sure, though, since it shows the whole conversation in both my inbox and my sent box, but not the ones that I thought were duplicates and deleted from the conversation in my inbox/sent box.

If anyone who has private messaged me reads this, have you received my replies, and was it just one, or have you gotten a similar or duplicate message? You can PM me again, to let me know what you have received, or you can just give me a brief answer here. Or if someone is familiar with the messaging system understand what I am asking, feel free to chime in!

I think ideally, it would be best to keep messages sent to others in the sent box, once they have been sent and delivered, and to keep the received messages from others in your inbox, until you delete them. The whole conversations should only be shown when someone is quoted in a reply, and these would show in the sender's sent box, and they would show in the receiver's inbox.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by GratefulDad420.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#103824 2 years, 7 months ago
Chester wrote:
Mr Moderator. A suggestion has been raised, to create a "Shakedown Forum", on this board. The purpose of this forum
would be specifically for those who want to trade, buy, or sell, various products, such as, homemade Tie Dye's, jewelry,
cd's of their own bands, and even allow some folks who run cool "hippie style" shops, to promote their business. It would
obviously not be for buying or selling anything trademarked, or copyrighted, unless liscensed to do so. Nothing illegal, or
immoral. And there would be an understanding amongst all, that forum would be the only place on the board to do that.
This forum would serve to keep the main part of the board free of business, and open for our conversations. Without any
commercial distractions. Now, this is truly up to the administrators of the site. We're only suggesting it. But, I think it's
worthy of discussion. Thank you.

ooh that'd be cool. Add my name to that petition too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ecojaded
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#104692 2 years, 7 months ago
Can we get a tool to display threads as most recent first?

the "go to bottom" arrow only goes to the bottom of the page, not the bottom of the thread. The ability to change the order or display of threads would be welcome.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Bakes.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#107774 2 years, 7 months ago
How do I attach pictures and/or embed videos? I am a bit behind the technological curve when compared to some of the youngins' here. Any help would be appreciated.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#108367 2 years, 7 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
How do I attach pictures and/or embed videos? I am a bit behind the technological curve when compared to some of the youngins' here. Any help would be appreciated.

Above the sideways smiley, as a fellow forum bear said, is the video icon. After copying the URL from the browser bar in You Tube or other source (at top of screen) paste it into the URL box brought up by the video icon.

To moderator, is there a way to respond to a post in the thread directly rather than being at the end of line and quoting, w/o personal message? Rather than the thread being a line could it be more of a flower?
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Iriecycle.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#108408 2 years, 7 months ago
Youtube links automatically are embedded onto the page without any using BBcode (such as [video]link[/video]), FYI. If you post a youtube link, starting with http:// or www. it will automatically embed it. It does it every time I try to link a playlist, which, unfortunately, only allows the first video in the playlist to play, rather than the entire thing. But, if you click on the video on the page after it starts playing, it will open a new link on youtube's site.

The quote function is the only way you can reply directly to someone, there is no way to switch the order, other than ascending or descending, I believe on this site. Some forums allow for you to change it so that it will be threaded differently, but I haven't found any settings like that on this one. It only allows you to choose last post first or last post at the end (the default setting).
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by GratefulDad420. Reason: clarifying
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#108415 2 years, 7 months ago
I flipped the ascending or descending so most recent would be on page one rather than wherever. I thought I did that in Profile but now can't find that option, someone else on this site was asking about that.

What's the difference between "reply" and "quick reply?
Oh omniscient moderator: Could Q.C. be for a direct trail off a thread, to allow for offshoot conversations which might eventually be user modified in header garnishing new topic status?
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#108425 2 years, 7 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:
I flipped the ascending or descending so most recent would be on page one rather than wherever. I thought I did that in Profile but now can't find that option, someone else on this site was asking about that.

Click profile, then click edit, then scroll down and click on the forum settings bar to bring up the options, then you can change it to ascending or descending.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#108639 2 years, 7 months ago
Ah yes, thank you.

How bout attaching an image, computer gen, scanned, tattoo design, or personal sign?
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#108662 2 years, 7 months ago
Moderator: It would be nice to have a button to jump to the last page from top of thread.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#109859 2 years, 7 months ago
I think an awesome feature to add to this forum would be a real time chat room! Seriously think about that! I have been on various forums, and adding a chat room is usually an awesome place where regular members can get to know each other better, real time. Something like they have on deadvids.com/dv would be awesome!

Edit: Seems that deadvids is down at the moment, unfortunately! They used to play Dead videos, Furthur videos, JGB, etc, and it had a chat room for members to chat while watching it.

Also, a feature that would allow us to click all new topics/posts since our last visit would be awesome as well, and it would make it easier for us to not miss new posts when we don't log in for a few days.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by GratefulDad420.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#109929 2 years, 7 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
I think an awesome feature to add to this forum would be a real time chat room! Seriously think about that! I have been on various forums, and adding a chat room is usually an awesome place where regular members can get to know each other better, real time. Something like they have on deadvids.com/dv would be awesome!

Edit: Seems that deadvids is down at the moment, unfortunately! They used to play Dead videos, Furthur videos, JGB, etc, and it had a chat room for members to chat while watching it.

Also, a feature that would allow us to click all new topics/posts since our last visit would be awesome as well, and it would make it easier for us to not miss new posts when we don't log in for a few days.

Dead.net has a good chat board, if you wanted to see a decent set up (IMO).

While I'm here, if you are searching for a phrase using the above search function, and if you results are more than one page long, it's almost impossible to access much beyond the first page as the data returned in the "jump to page" section (at least for me using firefox) is gibberish No biggie, and just FYI I'm very grateful for everyone's help keeping this site running so smoothly. A sincere thank you to everyone involved. Good love
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you

#110201 2 years, 7 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:

To moderator, is there a way to respond to a post in the thread directly rather than being at the end of line and quoting, w/o personal message? Rather than the thread being a line could it be more of a flower?

No. Most recent posts are always at the end of the thread.

#110202 2 years, 7 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Can we get a tool to display threads as most recent first?

the "go to bottom" arrow only goes to the bottom of the page, not the bottom of the thread. The ability to change the order or display of threads would be welcome.

The most recent post in a thread will always show at the end of the thread.

#110204 2 years, 7 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
I have a couple questions.. I am confused about how private messages work in the fan connect area.. I only noticed that I had private messages because of an email I received (no notification comes up when I sign in, or one that is noticeable near my login info, like other forums). I clicked the link in my email and it took me to my inbox, where it was displayed. Underneath the message is a blank box that says, [write a reply].

So I typed out my response, clicked [add reply], but at first, the box never changed. But after I refreshed my page (F5) and it showed the message I replied with. On many other forums I belong to, it says message sent, and it is saved in my sent folder, or if I opt out of this feature it's not saved. This forum doesn't do that, and I thought my message had not gone through. It shows the whole conversation in my inbox and sent box, now, but not sure if it shows it in their inbox and sent box.

Now, I am wondering if that message was sent to the person who sent me the message? Does it show up in their inbox? Do I have to go to their profile and click on something to send them a new message, or does my reply automatically go to them?

I tried to send another message not knowing if it worked, and it showed my first message but it showed it on my page. So I am not sure if the people I have been trying to reply to are getting my messages or if they are just staying in my inbox/sent box? When I saw I had sent two similar messages, I clicked to delete the nearly identical message I had re-sent, since I didn't know if it worked.

Does this mean I actually sent them two messages, or, when I deleted the duplicate message from my sent box is it only sending them the first one, or have they gotten either of them or both? I am just really confused on how each page and the whole messaging system works here. I am guessing that I just sent duplicate messages to people when I wasn't sure if they went through. I am not sure, though, since it shows the whole conversation in both my inbox and my sent box, but not the ones that I thought were duplicates and deleted from the conversation in my inbox/sent box.

If anyone who has private messaged me reads this, have you received my replies, and was it just one, or have you gotten a similar or duplicate message? You can PM me again, to let me know what you have received, or you can just give me a brief answer here. Or if someone is familiar with the messaging system understand what I am asking, feel free to chime in!

I think ideally, it would be best to keep messages sent to others in the sent box, once they have been sent and delivered, and to keep the received messages from others in your inbox, until you delete them. The whole conversations should only be shown when someone is quoted in a reply, and these would show in the sender's sent box, and they would show in the receiver's inbox.

You should see a notice next to Inbox in the Connect area alerting you that you have a message.

There is a sent box that will show messages sent.

The other user will see the reply in their Inbox.

Are you sure you are sending messages and not posting to your Wall or some other user's Wall?

#110207 2 years, 7 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:
Moderator: It would be nice to have a button to jump to the last page from top of thread.

There are numbers at the top of the thread, click the last number to jump to the last page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iriecycle
Time to create page: 6.50 seconds