• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DeadHead101
Fresh Boarder

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#120390 2 years, 2 months ago
Heyy, I was wondering if Furthur lets people bootleg off of their PA? like the good ole Dead, i just got a $200 taper and i planned to use it for the spring tour thanks
danlindsay
Fresh Boarder

#120441 2 years, 2 months ago
Hello,

My name is Daniel Lindsay and am humbled to say that I have been winged. I do not know where to begin as far understanding what they stand for and I truly wish to understand them to their extent and their purpose to the Grateful dead family. From what I know, its that these wings clearly must be earned. I feel that its not about the money or the fans or the music itself, but the family bond that is created through this tight-knit group of individuals. I inherited my wings from my older brother who fell victim to the addiction of the power behind the wings and lost sight their values. I wish beyond any obstacles to pick up my brothers torch and reignite the flame that drew him into this family and shed light on the world. My brother was my best friend and inspiration. If i could have one last wish for him its that he would have wanted me to understand the gravity of these wings and how they can soar beyond any limitation of mankind.

With love, to and from Toby Engel 9/25/93-2/5/12 & Austin Lindsay 11/23/91-8/5/11
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#120679 2 years, 2 months ago
there have been a few discussions on this topic in the general section you may have to search around,
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#125037 2 years, 1 month ago
danlindsay wrote:
Hello,

My name is Daniel Lindsay and am humbled to say that I have been winged. I do not know where to begin as far understanding what they stand for and I truly wish to understand them to their extent and their purpose to the Grateful dead family. From what I know, its that these wings clearly must be earned. I feel that its not about the money or the fans or the music itself, but the family bond that is created through this tight-knit group of individuals. I inherited my wings from my older brother who fell victim to the addiction of the power behind the wings and lost sight their values. I wish beyond any obstacles to pick up my brothers torch and reignite the flame that drew him into this family and shed light on the world. My brother was my best friend and inspiration. If i could have one last wish for him its that he would have wanted me to understand the gravity of these wings and how they can soar beyond any limitation of mankind.

With love, to and from Toby Engel 9/25/93-2/5/12 & Austin Lindsay 11/23/91-8/5/11

Very touching story Daniel. Here's the thread 83MSG was referring to...if this site will allow me to post the link.

And yes, more people would see this if you posted it on the general section or even added a comment to the older thread (bump it). Same with the earlier question about Furthur letting tapers plug into the PA

Peace to you!

www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion...0&start=20#39953
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#125040 2 years, 1 month ago
To the great Oz like moderator

As you may have heard, about a week or 10 days ago, a lot of the thread posts are having problems. Some of the old posts can no longer be viewed (you just see a blank page with a black line). The same goes for some new posts.

I've found I can make the posts visible by either deleting the embedded pictures or the URL if the post has a link to another site.

I suspect some change made a week or 10 days ago fouled things up. There are plenty of us online who can share more specific details if you'd like.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lovin everything about this board

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#125100 2 years, 1 month ago
Yes, something is definitely wrong. About 90% of the images that were posted in the "Post your art here" thread,
have disappeared. I can't post certain links from the archive, or youtube video's, and I can't post the link for the
animal recue site, in the "You can help to feed animals" thread. On the main page, and in the good works forum.
However, some people can post those links, and youtube video's. And I can post links and video's in other threads.
So, it's kind of selective, and very confusing. Also, several people have expressed some dismay, at the loss of all of
the art that was apparently lost. I do hope there's some way of retrieving it. - Thanks.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#125102 2 years, 1 month ago
Chester wrote:
Yes, something is definitely wrong. About 90% of the images that were posted in the "Post your art here" thread,
have disappeared. I can't post certain links from the archive, or youtube video's, and I can't post the link for the
animal recue site, in the "You can help to feed animals" thread. On the main page, and in the good works forum.
However, some people can post those links, and youtube video's. And I can post links and video's in other threads.
So, it's kind of selective, and very confusing. Also, several people have expressed some dismay, at the loss of all of
the art that was apparently lost. I do hope there's some way of retrieving it. - Thanks.

From what I can tell, the art is not lost, nor are the pictures. They are just masked, or hidden from public view. In my case if I hit the edit button I can see my posts. And if I remove the embedded pics or the URL's the thread usually becomes legible. By the way, the posts that have disappeared used to be legible before the mysterious change that occurred a week or two ago.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer
Chester
More or less in line

#125106 2 years, 1 month ago
I did notice that. Thanks. I just find it odd, that you have to do that to see the postings.
Is it some kind of privacy feature? Or a compatability issue?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer

#125260 2 years, 1 month ago
Hi, we are looking into the image issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , iamthedoor, ecojaded, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#125534 2 years, 1 month ago
For some reason i cannot post
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#127014 2 years, 1 month ago
hey guys... I am having trouble deleting a post I made...

I like my topic, but it wont let me post my message... not sure why, so I want to delete it, but dont know how?
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#127665 2 years, 1 month ago
I've email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it twice about not being able to post pictures in my thread. I have not heard back yet.

Are they still looking into the issue?

Some people are able place pictures into their post with no problem. But when I try to place a picture into the post it just comes out blank. This problem has been ongoing with me for a couple of weeks now.

Thanks...
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds