• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#292754 10 months, 3 weeks ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Just a reality check: the admins pay absolutely zero attention to this place anymore. The one and only person trying to get rid of all the spam and keep this place usable is Chester. He doesn't delete any other threads, and has only locked one. Frankly, I'm sorry for my part in adding to the negativity on that thread, and I think locking it was entirely appropriate. The last thing he deserves is crap from anyone around here!!

So for everything we can still do on this Forum, it's Chester we can thank for it. He spends a HUGE amount of time deleting spam. There aren't less spammers around here, he's just doing a great job of keeping them under control. He deserves a whole bunch of thanks and appreciation for doing that, with ZERO support or compensation from the "official" moderators/admins. This board would be completely unusable if not for him, and I'm very grateful for his ongoing efforts, even when the going gets tough!!

Wow, I'm sooooo awestruck by such Herculean efforts.

So he gets compensation from the "unofficial" moderators/admins? If he's not getting something for all the time he spends here than I truly feel sorry for the guy. If he has such gravitas then perhaps he could have the admin., to whom should be so
indebted to him, fix some of the minor problems. I mean assuming he cares so much about the place. You have to understand that when you flex your muscle, and do it with a certain amount of bravado, there will be those who don't dig it at all. And it was done with an obvious bias. A moderator should be impartial.

The claims you make about him having so much to do with the functionality of this forum are laughable at best.
Last Edit: 10 months, 3 weeks ago by AcidTestGraduate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#299616 9 months ago
FYI bump, although it seems it doesn't work for all browsers, but does seem to work for Firefox and IE8/9.

SunshineSue wrote:
I'm so glad Ratdog2112 clued me in to how to post a video successfully these days!! I figured I'm not the only one who didn't know about this method, so I though I'd share.

To post a Youtube video in an existing thread without creating a new thread:

-Click the "video" icon above
- On the pull down menu marked "Provider", select "youtube"
- In the next box, marked "ID", enter the section of the youtube url that comes after the "=" sign. In other words, if the url is "youtube.com/watch?v=2IJ_xvbAzSA", in the ID box enter or copy and paste "2IJ_xvbAzSA"
- Click "insert video" and then "submit", and voila, a video is there with no new thread!

You can't have a music forum without music!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors, pink11
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#301444 8 months, 3 weeks ago
chester the board is becoming very slow and unresponsive is it the board or is it my junk hp computer ?
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Chester
More or less in line

#301544 8 months, 2 weeks ago
the highway terror wrote:
chester the board is becoming very slow and unresponsive is it the board or is it my junk hp computer ?

I can't say for sure. I don't handle the tech stuff. The board has been slow. And even occasionally crashes.
It could be your PC. It could be the board too. It's a good idea to check your PC's operation.
Check to make sure your anti virus programs, and security programs, are all up to date.
Hopefully it's a temporary thing. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#303175 8 months ago
Will the board still exist after the hiatus begins next week?
Thanks to Chester for all he does.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#303189 8 months ago
the board needs some serious maintenance , it's getting so slow that it's nearly unusable.
I keep getting 404 not found errors with ungodly wait times.
I have been using the board since day one and really enjoy logging in and checking things out
please take some time to fix things up
it's a shame seeing things go down hill like this after so much effort went into getting things up and running

Below, you will see the error note that's popping up all over the place today. Your attention to this problem is greatly appreciated thanks, THT

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
countingstars
Junior Boarder

#322563 5 months ago
will someone delete the duplicate that I created under General Discussion - Baby Bald Eagle Camera. -- Was that because I posted the link ?
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#322564 5 months ago
Nancy, I think if you post a link with the h t t p colon backslash, it will create a dup thread.
To avoid that, when posting a link, just use www at the front and without the h t t p colon backslash.

Hope this helps
Takin' it in stride!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#322610 5 months ago
Remember that apostrophes and quotation marks can also create a duplicate.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#323174 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for deleting all the spam every single day, Chester!! It seems like it's coming in fast and furious lately, thanks for all your hard work to get rid of it right away!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds