• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:29212
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#279686 8 months ago
I'm so glad Ratdog2112 clued me in to how to post a video successfully these days!! I figured I'm not the only one who didn't know about this method, so I though I'd share.

To post a Youtube video in an existing thread without creating a new thread:

-Click the "video" icon above
- On the pull down menu marked "Provider", select "youtube"
- In the next box, marked "ID", enter the section of the youtube url that comes after the "=" sign. In other words, if the url is "youtube.com/watch?v=2IJ_xvbAzSA", in the ID box enter or copy and paste "2IJ_xvbAzSA"
- Click "insert video" and then "submit", and voila, a video is there with no new thread!

You can't have a music forum without music!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
perry
Senior Boarder
Posts:381

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#283403 7 months, 1 week ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
I know this has been beaten to death, but can someone PLEASE fix this problem with new threads being made when someone tries to post to a thread? It's impossible to follow a conversation if they're fractured into new threads at every turn. There's no sense in trying to have a conversation if this continues, and if you cannot converse on a message board, the message board is pointless. Fix it or shut it down. It is really discouraging.


Any progress with this? It is discouraging to try and post here.
sidewalkstrativarius
Junior Boarder
Posts:98
Definitely a dutifully dedicated deadhead

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#290055 6 months, 2 weeks ago
I have just recently expanded to the general discussion forum, and I'm wondering if all of this spamming has always been there? It's really really annoying. I don't want to watch crappy movies online for free. I want tot alk about things that are Furthur or music related. Can we please get the spammers blocked? They seem like bots
katie mae
Junior Boarder
Posts:107

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#291138 6 months ago
perry wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:
I know this has been beaten to death, but can someone PLEASE fix this problem with new threads being made when someone tries to post to a thread? It's impossible to follow a conversation if they're fractured into new threads at every turn. There's no sense in trying to have a conversation if this continues, and if you cannot converse on a message board, the message board is pointless. Fix it or shut it down. It is really discouraging.


Any progress with this? It is discouraging to try and post here.


Word.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1406
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#291524 6 months ago
Can you please tell me how to delete my account? I PM'd you about three weeks ago and have not heard anything back.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:29212
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#291527 6 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
Can you please tell me how to delete my account? I PM'd you about three weeks ago and have not heard anything back.

I wish you wouldn't, it would be so nice to have you back around here!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:29212
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#291644 6 months ago
Thank you for continuing to delete all the spam threads, Chester!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1497

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#292217 5 months, 3 weeks ago
I've defended this site when some bitch and moan about it running like a '73 Pinto amongst Teslas (my words). So what if it's slow, I'm not the one paying for it, and nobody from Furthur owes me a thing, frankly. However if they can get one of my friends
a reservation to Mexico so she can join us, that would be great.

You can't make a post with quotations without starting a new thread? What, does it cost more to have a forum where this doesn't happen? Put down the green tea/organic almond milk latte and fix this already, please.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:29212
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#292452 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Just a reality check: the admins pay absolutely zero attention to this place anymore. The one and only person trying to get rid of all the spam and keep this place usable is Chester. He doesn't delete any other threads, and has only locked one. Frankly, I'm sorry for my part in adding to the negativity on that thread, and I think locking it was entirely appropriate. The last thing he deserves is crap from anyone around here!!

So for everything we can still do on this Forum, it's Chester we can thank for it. He spends a HUGE amount of time deleting spam. There aren't less spammers around here, he's just doing a great job of keeping them under control. He deserves a whole bunch of thanks and appreciation for doing that, with ZERO support or compensation from the "official" moderators/admins. This board would be completely unusable if not for him, and I'm very grateful for his ongoing efforts, even when the going gets tough!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ecojaded, kevin
kevin
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3110

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#292454 5 months, 3 weeks ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Just a reality check: the admins pay absolutely zero attention to this place anymore. The one and only person trying to get rid of all the spam and keep this place usable is Chester. He doesn't delete any other threads, and has only locked one. Frankly, I'm sorry for my part in adding to the negativity on that thread, and I think locking it was entirely appropriate. The last thing he deserves is crap from anyone around here!!

So for everything we can still do on this Forum, it's Chester we can thank for it. He spends a HUGE amount of time deleting spam. There aren't less spammers around here, he's just doing a great job of keeping them under control. He deserves a whole bunch of thanks and appreciation for doing that, with ZERO support or compensation from the "official" moderators/admins. This board would be completely unusable if not for him, and I'm very grateful for his ongoing efforts, even when the going gets tough!!


Thank You Chester
gone are the days we stopped to decide, where we should go we just ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds