• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#260862 1 year, 3 months ago
is there a secret process to replying to threads and not having your reply end up starting a new thread and being separate from the rest of the conversation???
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#261146 1 year, 3 months ago
i think it happens by chance, but you can see that all apostrophes turn into backslashes that is all ' turn into \

if you see it, cancel out and try again
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#261167 1 year, 3 months ago
I just noticed that once logged in the website address changes to "pre-salewww.furthur.net"

Man I have never seen a website so F'd up
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#261497 1 year, 3 months ago
Ok, so, I think I've done it before, but can't do it now...how do I write on my or others' walls??
Chester
More or less in line

#261513 1 year, 3 months ago
If everything is working, all it takes is to go to that persons page in the fan connect section, usually by clicking on their name.
Then you find the dialogue box. For some reason, depending on how you have your wall set up I guess, it's either on the top
right side, or halfway down the page, in the main part. You write something in the dialogue box, then click "add comment".
Some people don't have their walls set up at all, so for those, you wont see the dialogue box.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
Chester
More or less in line

#261516 1 year, 3 months ago
Karen, it looks like you might not have your wall set up. Go into "Applications" on your page in fan connect,
click "Add Applications", and follow instructions on how to set it up. That could be the problem.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#262767 1 year, 3 months ago
Thanks for returning to your spam deleting duties, Chester! It sure makes it a lot nicer around here to see those threads disappear almost as soon as they pop up, you're great!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, NobleGlassArt, ratdog2112
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#263183 1 year, 3 months ago
Logging in to the site seems to be working more smoothly. Thanks for repairing this problem.

ZenoMarx wrote:
is there a secret process to replying to threads and not having your reply end up starting a new thread and being separate from the rest of the conversation???

Why do links and/or images create new threads? Hopefully this glitch is located and repaired so the thread replication problem is eliminated. Thanks for all of your time and attention to making this site flow properly.
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#263189 1 year, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i think it happens by chance, but you can see that all apostrophes turn into backslashes that is all ' turn into \

Thanks for the tip. This glitch may be the source for resolving the replication problem. Hopefully, the instructions to change the apostrophe into backslashes can be deleted, and order will return to the board. In the meantime, being diligent and checking apostrophes when copying may help prevent further replication.

Frank Zappa was right! "It should be easy to see. The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe."
Thank You Jerry
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#264078 1 year, 3 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:

Thanks for the tip. This glitch may be the source for resolving the replication problem. Hopefully, the instructions to change the apostrophe into backslashes can be deleted, and order will return to the board. In the meantime, being diligent and checking apostrophes when copying may help prevent further replication.

Frank Zappa was right! "It should be easy to see. The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe."

The same thing just happened to me, plus it replicated the thread Sweetwater Shows Missing. Now there 3 of these threads by different people.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds