• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#227508 1 year, 9 months ago
Would it be possible to do for the 4 Sweetwater webcasts whatever you did to boost the performance around here during the first two NYE shows? The board was running great those nights, with speed and no crashing. I'm sure there will be a lot of folks trying to chat here during these shows, so anything you can do proactively to keep us up and running would be very, very appreciated. Thanks much!! : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, mortimer
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#228608 1 year, 9 months ago
i know we are a tough bunch me especially but i would like to bring up the issue with spamming again. with all due respect, thanks for trying to help curb the problem by enforcing the "60 seconds til next post" rule. however, this really has done nothing but make it more difficult for regular users to chat in real time. when we're chatting about the show we're all listening to it's hard when you have to watch the clock because you keep infringing before 60 seconds is up. it is not giving us less SPAM. in fact, the past couple days have been the worst ever. not sure what else to do, but lifting that 60 seconds thing would be pretty cool..
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#229128 1 year, 9 months ago
A solution to preventing the forum from crashing during busy times could be as simple as setting us up with a chat box so that during shows, we can all participate in real time chats without overloading the forum board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, SunshineSue, Iriecycle, DancingTurtle
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#230404 1 year, 9 months ago
I posted something on the general discussion part of the Forum and it disappeared.
Why?
It was just a post about glass water pipes that glow in the dark beacuase they have plasma in them.
Hmmm?
I don't get it in the past I have posted about Marijuana and those posts never disappeared.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#234480 1 year, 8 months ago
Once again my post disappeared WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not posting anything bad why the F!@%* is this happening?

#234814 1 year, 8 months ago
Can you contact us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and we'll figure out what in your posts is triggering the removal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingTurtle
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#235339 1 year, 8 months ago
an idea to help with spam would be make it so a user can't post multiple new threads within a few minutes time, or make it so you need 5 or 10 posts before you can make your own thread?

since that "60 seconds until next post" thing took place it seems like the above ideas are at least doable... and maybe even help a little. A lot of the spam threads are from the same user name over and over in a short time, and it's a new user name most of the time as well.

thanks for your efforts
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iriecycle
jamewatson
Visitor

#235730 1 year, 8 months ago
Hey,
Click on the Profile link at the top of the Forum and then click Edit. On that page you can change your Avatar. thanks for catching this error!
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#235749 1 year, 8 months ago
Moderator wrote:
Can you contact us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and we'll figure out what in your posts is triggering the removal.

Thanks Moderator You are the Gratest.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#236489 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks very, very much for your quick response to this morning's huge influx of spam!! It's much appreciated!!
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds