• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

ST. LOUIS HOTEL DEAL SUN., 11/20 WALK TO FOX!

#59802 2 years, 11 months ago
ANOTHER GREAT DEAL SEALED!

TO BOOK NOW: www.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?groupno=2128422

Sunday, Nov. 20, 2011 Within walking distance of Fox Theater!!

Pear Tree Inn
2211 Market Str.
(314) 241-3200

RATE $89.95

If you call, mention LIJHL. I just wanted to post the info so you can see what great deals I found for folks on tour this fall. You can't beat hotels like this unless you are looking for just 4 walls and a crash mattress.

This hotel is part of the Drury hotels, so the deal is similar:

FREE Breakfast, popcorn, soda, FREE beer and wine, chips, salsa, pretzels
‎FREE hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy. Plus fresh fruit, bagels, pastries, juices, hot and cold cereals, toast, milk, coffee, tea and more. Free hot breakfast is served daily from 6:00 - 9:30 a.m. weekdays (Monday - Friday)

•Free Wireless Internet
•Free 60 Minutes of Long Distance

This is a great deal, hope some of you can use it. I think they'll fill pretty quickly. It took a lot of negotiating here on our part, but I think it'll be a great time-looking forward to this tour for sure.

Enjoy your weekend! Counting down the days...
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by JOE DANGLE.
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

Re: ST. LOUIS HOTEL DEAL SUN., 11/20 WALK TO FOX!

#60148 2 years, 11 months ago
For those who like Embassy the Drury/Pear Trees are pretty cool too.
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#60150 2 years, 11 months ago
Forgot to mention, I worked long and hard to neg. these rates, some hotels were more willing than others, and I found some hotels in the know of the concert who raised their rates from like $89 to $200 (State Col, PA). If you have any desire to book any of these hotels, the cost will definitely jump. They will only honor the price I neg. for one month so you'd best book it now.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#60158 2 years, 11 months ago
This is a pretty nice place. Its part of the historic Union Station, an old train station in downtown. It has been redone, with shops and bars etc. Big old beautiful stone building. An interesting look, and well worth checking out. Little bit of train history and all.

www.stlouisunionstation.com/

Its a bit of a walk, maybe 15-16 blocks. If the weather is nice it could be pleasant. The moon will be in the first quarter, so there is potential for a stroll. Definitely cheap in a cab.

Since Joe Dangle worked out a price on a nice room, interesting part of town, close to the venue, IMHO, its looks pretty sweet.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#60162 2 years, 11 months ago
Thank you Ossumpei. I think a stroll on a pleasant fall night will be great. It absolutely looks like a great town, can't wait. I definitely worked my ass of neg. these rates. Hope people take advantage of them. Otherwise, god, I can only imagine what hotels are going to charge once they find out who's coming to town. State College has a few hotel in the know, and they have already raised their rates from a normal $89 to $200. Bogus.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#60167 2 years, 11 months ago
The deal looks so good that, even though I live here, I may just go ahead and get a room there myself. lol

All kidding aside, this is a pretty good deal. I don't know if they will go crazy on their rates or not. Football fans will be there for a game against Seattle. Hockey will be out of town. I ain't looking up the conventions. Its a big hotel and they try to keep it filled.

I would say, if you're going to book a room, do so now. Its very unlikely the rates will get cheaper.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#60169 2 years, 11 months ago
Rates on expedia for this place start at 69.99. Sorry but all it took was a simple google search to find that out.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#60170 2 years, 11 months ago
With that rate you could get cab too.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#60178 2 years, 11 months ago
Dude I've never seen free beer and wine at a hotel before....sweet deal!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#60189 2 years, 11 months ago
Let me know if you are successful booking it because the gal I'm dealing with said no way. I did check it, and was aware of the $69.99 special but $69.99 was for one person and as a walk-in and expired on 11/15, so I'd double check that info MsJimp. I really tried to do my homework. Each additional person is typically $5-$10 extra a night (and you won't get free alcohol or food for everyone in your party if you sneak in paying as just one person staying in a suite-you'll probably end up getting kicked out)
Time to create page: 2.56 seconds