• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Question about Red Rocks

#59661 2 years, 10 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
I have not been to Red Rocks in ages. I have no recollection of how seating was when i was there, as it never mattered.
I was in Broomfield last Feb where the floor was GA. I was pleasantly surprised by how mellow getting on to the floor was. I got there about 1/2 hour before doors and still got up close with no problem.The first night I had bought a seat, anticipating a tough time on the floor cuz i wasn't getting in town til later in the afternoon.
the 2nd and 3rd night i didn"t bother with seats. Isn't RR somewhat the same crowd? Even at Best Buy in March I wasn't standing on line for more than an hour and I was able to get up very close and that's NYC mentality, not laid back Colorado, so am I missing something that is perhaps different at Red Rocks?? Just curious.

Exactly. This aint gonna be a spectrum Ga show in the mid 80's. I for one plan on being so elated my feet will be hovering over some row.. and I am bringing 6 extra pairs of underwear because I am going to be so fuckin stoked to be at Red Rox FINALLY after 30 years of attending shows that I may have some issues. . ...now toss in my "just married status" and our suite loging and my new local friends and I have a feeling its gonna FEEL like its 1985 again--I am currently in training to survive this weekend ... getting lots of rest, taking walks & I am the master of my domain!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#60654 2 years, 10 months ago
Keep your reserved seat tickets. You can sit in the GA areas with a reserved ticket, but not the other way around.

Reserved is the way to go. Doesn't matter if you party in the lot late or decide to go in early to get down front.

Good to have options!

Obviously this only applies to Red Rocks. At indoor venues with GA floor and reserved seats you can't get on the floor without a GA ticket.

At indoor venues with GA floors and reserved lowers I go for GA floor tickets, knowing I can chill in an empty reserved seat somewhere in the house if needed.
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Strider1.
mstrpce420
Fresh Boarder

#60688 2 years, 10 months ago
Like it or not, the tarp running is just a part of Red Rocks. See the link below for Panic this summer. While I don't think it will be this crazy, it will happen.

www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150683024375057
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#60691 2 years, 10 months ago
so they're saving seats with the tarps?

that looks like its in the middle of the venue.... where is the reserved section? behind that?
mstrpce420
Fresh Boarder

#60692 2 years, 10 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
so they're saving seats with the tarps?

that looks like its in the middle of the venue.... where is the reserved section? behind that?

Well, reserving a spot for themselves/crew sine they waited in line all afternoon. At Panic, i have seen people in line before noon. I would say the camera is shooting from a row in the mid 30s. Reserved starts at row 25.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by mstrpce420.
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#60694 2 years, 10 months ago
That tarp video is fucking bloody bonkers. IsYou sure its not going to be that bad??
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
mstrpce420
Fresh Boarder

#61426 2 years, 10 months ago
St.Stephenhead wrote:
That tarp video is fucking bloody bonkers. IsYou sure its not going to be that bad??

From my experience, the Dead related shows are slightly less insane with the tarp situation...slightly.
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#61428 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for the heads up . Have friday and sunday reserved so im good there. But Saturday im going to wait in line and try to get a Kickass seat. You have reserved or GA??
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#61484 2 years, 10 months ago
njt1rider wrote:
I have always gotten reserved tickets for Red Rocks but my understanding is that rows 2-24 are GA first come first serve. How early do you need to get in line to get a decent seat? Say between rows 5-15... Thanks for any advice!

Sorry, but I call nonsense. We have a large group and take turns waiting in line. There's no need for all 10 of us to wait just to lay down a blanket. Have you heard of the term 'runner', this has been goin on at RR and other GA venues forever. And for those who get in early, they have the connection, lucky them! Are you saying you'd pass up going in early and making your home for the night because it's rude?
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Slewfoot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

#61859 2 years, 10 months ago
That video was crazy!! They are GA seats that means you can sit anywhere you want!! No tarp is going to stop me if there's not a person there I'm taking!! It's like driving up to a parking spot and someone's standing in it saving it for someone, I just run that person over or they move!!
They're not reserved seats, they're GA, that means if you have a GA ticket you can sit anywhere you want, tarp or no tarp!! This might actually be fun!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, St.Stephenhead
Time to create page: 0.90 seconds