• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

Re: those taking their car on tour

#59896 2 years, 11 months ago
I also carry:

1) Jumper cables
2) a bit of rope (useful in many situations, like duct tape)
3) flashlight/headlamp
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#59903 2 years, 11 months ago
they sell a adjustable fan belt to be used in emergencies rumor is pantyhose will also work in a pich for a busted fan belt.like MM was saying make sure all lights and bulbs are working nothing worse than geting pulled over for a broken tailight dont forget the one over the plate people always forget that one.remember you have the right to refuse a search of your vehicle
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#59956 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
nice - taking my 87' toyota 4runner - i think just over 170,000 on it and its got a rebuilt motor/tranny and just about everything else to lol - put so much $$ into it. cost nearly $1,000 just to re do the whole A/C system which was sooo worth it btw.

I work at a toyota dealership so i tighten my wagon up twice a year. I got it when I graduated in 1984, and have had it ever since. They just run forever. And i need t correct my above post. 286k on it not 386. Still purrs!!!! If that car could talk, Oh my Oh my
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#60041 2 years, 11 months ago
I forgot to mention NoDoz pills - I don't drink coffee or any other means of getting caffine but even if you do its easy to just pop a few pills. Sometimes they take a bit to really kick in --- I took 3 on the way home from Moe.Down but was getting tired right into the trip so I stoped and parked for a half hour or so and even fell asleep for a few but it wasn't long before I was wired, wide awake.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#60050 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I forgot to mention NoDoz pills - I don't drink coffee or any other means of getting caffine but even if you do its easy to just pop a few pills. Sometimes they take a bit to really kick in --- I took 3 on the way home from Moe.Down but was getting tired right into the trip so I stoped and parked for a half hour or so and even fell asleep for a few but it wasn't long before I was wired, wide awake.
better to jst sleepthe no dozefool you into thinking your awake your actually half asleep at the wheel deadlycombo dont do it ive done it and almost killed myself more than once
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#60059 2 years, 11 months ago
when you only take 1 or a couple they don't work as good but I took 5 maximum streangth on that trip home and was so wide awake I don't think I fell asleep until 8-9am and it was only for a few hours. before I took NoDoz i would drink those Monsters and other energy drinks but those didn't work for me .... what made me switch to NoDoz is when I was driving home from a show, my brother was asleep - I just finished 1 drink and I was litterly constantly sipping off the second one and then all the sudden I wake up as my 2nd set of tires is going over those things that wake you up. that was pretty scary. I wont drive if im tired at all anymore and if I start to feel any bit tired ill take more NoDoz and pull over to eat or suttin at the next stop. Mushrooms keep me wide awake for hours after I come down off them to but when I don't do any/as much and when its a long ride I take the caffine pills anyway. It's also good to stop every so often and get out and move around no matter how awake you are.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#60077 2 years, 11 months ago
yeah those rumble strips are life savers for sure.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#60164 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
yeah those rumble strips are life savers for sure.

i often judge the safety and quality of my driving based on how many times i hit the rumble strips...for other licensed drivers who drive my car on tour (with me in it) there is a 3 strike policy with hitting the rumble strips
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#60311 2 years, 11 months ago
thanks lewis i went to the shop today got the oil changed fluids topped off tires rotated and brakes checked cost a whopping 26 bucks.andthe3 strikes policy i use myself i it em 3 times i pull overand sleep ialways have a pillow and blankie in the car
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#61673 2 years, 11 months ago
The best thing I took on the last tour was my GPS. First time I had one on tour. It was a pleasure, no more maps or anything. I may not have gotten their the quickest, but I arrived safely to so many venues, hotels, campsites without having to look at any maps. .

I picked up a Magellan roadmate from Price-Costco right before the Summer tour. For about $130 or so it even tells you when there is traffic and when to avoid certain routes. This thing even knew when the roads by me were closed due to flooding from the hurricane. Cool stuff.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
Time to create page: 1.35 seconds