• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

What yall think about Yonder

#59282 2 years, 7 months ago
Im attending my first yonder show november 12th i believe only a few days beofre the rosemont show. Have you guys and gals ever seen them. Can you tell me about their scene and how they get down. -- Dan
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
MWoods
Junior Boarder

Re: What yall think about Yonder

#59293 2 years, 7 months ago
You're going to have a great time, Dan... yonder is GREAT!!!!!! If you are totally unfamiliar with their sound check out their recent Red Rocks performance here: www.archive.org/details/ymsb2011-08-20.c42mpSTO-2.flac16

I especially like the song "Keep On Going" because I am currently learning in on mandolin. "Two Hits and the Joint Turned Brown" is well worth a listen too... it really captures the serious side of the band.

Nothing like some fast-assed Bluegrass to shake your ass to!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
probeck2001
Junior Boarder

#59295 2 years, 7 months ago
Yonder's great. Jeff Austin is a real rocker! Haven't seen them in a few years but always had a lot of fun when I did. I plan on going again in October.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#59327 2 years, 7 months ago
Incredible! The energy they give off gets the crowd stomping their feet every time! Jeff Austin is amazing! Their shows mare always highly energetic. Love em!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#59328 2 years, 7 months ago
Great band. Only seen them once, but I liked it. They really jam!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#59332 2 years, 7 months ago
WOW thanks friends, ya im fairly familiar with their tunes and i do as well love Keep on Going and 2hits. My favorite song is If theres Still Ramblin in the Rambler(phanabulous) . And MWoods hows the mando? My birthday is right around the bend and thinking about getting one. Is it fairly easy to pu? Probally the biggest reason i got into yonder was Jeff he plays from his heart. Also just by online videos you can tell the energy from the band. DAMN I CANT WAIT! - Dan
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#59335 2 years, 7 months ago
DangerousDan wrote:
And MWoods hows the mando? My birthday is right around the bend and thinking about getting one. Is it fairly easy to pu? - Dan

I love playing the mandolin. It was my first instrument so the learning curve was steep. If you have played any other instrument before you then I'm sure you will pick it up faster. From what I hear the mandolin is a relatively easy instrument to learn but I have nothing to compare it to. I think you just have to be willing to put up with the first month or two when playing is not fun, then you turn that corner and it becomes a blast. Now I pick it up every free second I get.

I have this idea that every person should paint a picture, write a story, and learn to play a song at some point in their life. Doing those things are what makes us human to great extent. So if the spirit moves you to play, I say go for it. By the way I play a Kentucky km-250. From all the research I did online before buying it seems to be a good beginners mando (all solid construction, good sound, and a reasonable price). The km-150 also gets good reviews and may be a few dollars cheaper (the 250 is just what I found at a store one day when I made an impulse buy. I don't regret it though).
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#59351 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks Woods, its a toss up between that and a flute for me, ya i picked up a Epiphone Mandolin the other day and i was like damn this is frustrating because i didnt know any notes or anthing so i couldnt really evaluate the actually sound from a mandolin. Ya i totaly agree with that artistic vision, without the arts what really is there, i myself write, play the bongs/guitar and do a little drawing but honestly without these in my life it would be emptyness and the failures of society, cheers man
Kind_Head
Junior Boarder

#59438 2 years, 7 months ago
OooooN a hill top lookin' for my love beloowww!

I love yonder.. I hear people hating on them every now and then. I just tell them either your body isnt able to groove that fast or you must not be listening!@

A lot of their songs seem to paint a picture of some kind of Appalachian landscape in my head
In the end theres just a song.. Its cryin' down the wind!
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#59498 2 years, 7 months ago
They are a VERY fun night out , Enjoy
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds