• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: MSG presale was a joke!

#59071 3 years, 1 month ago
Well I hate to break it to folks, but "The Mob" is alive & well. No one got on prior to 10:05 even though tm said 10 o'clock start. They had "somehow" blocked access for the 1st 5 minutes and snapped up the great seats. Inside job for sure. This is nothing new-- I had a "friend" who "knew" someone at Spectrum management and we would know about shows WAY before the general public- all we had to do was tell em what shows we wanted. BINGO...prime example...as I was sitting reading a preview of the first Eagles reunion tour 94? my "friend" calls me the show was next day. He had got a fight with his gf and wanted to know if I wanted to go as he needed someone to go with now. This was THE first tour with outrageous prices. I tell em I'd love to go but I aint paying 150 to see em. He says buy me a few beers we'll call it even. We get into the show walk up to our 5th row seats right in front of Joe Walsh. As we are waitin for the show to start the guy next to me says " Frank Sinatra couldn't get these seats"..btw this was in Philly (winking guy emoticon)

..as Bruce Hornsby would say "thats just the way it is, somethings will never change"
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#59077 3 years, 1 month ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
out of curiosity, how fast if at all do yall think MSG will sell out?

It won't. Maybe night of show but I highly doubt it. If it was a weekend or multi nights It would be quicker. Big $$$ to get in Manhatten for 1 show, especially on a Thursday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: doin_that_rag
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#59084 3 years, 1 month ago
In 1999 I joined the crowd out side a shop in Manhattan called The Wiz(Nobody beats The Wiz) which had a Ticketmaster outlet inside. They passed out coupons and called out the numbers to organize a line and I became number 5 in line. They then let the first five in but shut me -- number 5 -- out! I argued politely, to no avail ,with the Bitch at the door.

The crowd and I watched as two guys in trench coats -- who were already inside the store before we got there -- took my spot on line and bought a bunch of tickets(we could see them clearly enough from where we were). They were kind of Mediterranean looking. So yes Virginia there sure is some corruption in the ticketing process.

I still got tickets. It was Bruce Springsteen's 1999 MSG run.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#59095 3 years, 1 month ago
couldn't get 3 seats together. What is the point of a presale anyway. To see how much demand there is for a concert. Its really terrible what TM does to people by releasing a few tickets, going to jump on tomorrow
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#59115 3 years, 1 month ago
Only $1029 for 3rd row seats on stubhub! Who would spend that kind of dough? The whole TM, Stubhub thing is legalized robbery.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Slewfoot.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#59130 3 years, 1 month ago
i was trying most of morning using my phone , that kept screwing up on me, it pissed me off the last time i tried i actuall got a flloor seat in sectiton 3 row 1 seat 1 but when i went to submit, the page froze up. I live in country so I had to drive to city to get internet access. i had a chance at section 107 but to much to side of stage and $83 so i ended up with section 343 which is way back but infront of stage and only $63 . point is Im in and I ll move around .
GOOD LOVE
Country Fresh
Junior Boarder

#59135 3 years, 1 month ago
You always get shut out for at least ten minutes for any MSG venue event.However persistence paid off today.I got section F row 4.Positive vibrations always works for me.
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#59139 3 years, 1 month ago
heyy, i know for last years MSG shows they played two and both were sold out prob in about ten minutes. i am expecting this show to sell out very quickly since its the only show in NYC

mike
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#59144 3 years, 1 month ago
deadhed4life34 wrote:
heyy, i know for last years MSG shows they played two and both were sold out prob in about ten minutes. i am expecting this show to sell out very quickly since its the only show in NYC

mike

It will probably be s old out show but the second 2010 MSG show on a Sunday was not sold out.
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#59167 3 years, 1 month ago
I hear ya! Had to do it on my phone, too. Was hoping to get 4, but could only get 2. I don't even care where my seats are (I never sit in them anyway) I'm just glad to get in the door!
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds