• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Do you ever go to shows by yourself?

#59068 2 years, 11 months ago
I have gone to shows alone, in fact I went to the first 3 Oakland shows by myself as I had to fly from Mass. to get there! But I have also gone with huge groups of friends. They both have their fun moments and special things but I've settled into going with just a real good buddy (or two) or my girlfriend. Then I get to share the experience/dance with someone and have a comfortable piece of familiar reality when things get to0 weird!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#59072 2 years, 11 months ago
I've gone to a few myself, Ratdog/Allmans 8/20/08 being my only Dead related. I go with my brother to just about every show and since I drive and pay for everything theres still that freedom to do/go wherever I want

if my brother didn't want to go I would rather go solo with the exception of maybe 3 of my friends, but they arn't as into going to shows as me....
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#59076 2 years, 11 months ago
all i want is one or two really good buddies that i can depend on to go with Never seems to work that way
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, FurthurFlower67
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#59092 2 years, 11 months ago
I've gone to lots of shows by myself. When I lived in the Bay Area in the early 90's I often just left from work to take public transpo to the Oakland Col. Arena or I walked two blocks to the Warfield for JGB. Of course, I would run into tons of friends at the shows, but it was always nice to have the freedom to hang where I wanted to, especially at the general admin shows.

I recently road tripped by myself from South Florida up to Raleigh and Simpsonville for Furthur and I had a great exerience. These days I'm a Wharf Rat and so I've got new friends through that association that I can hang out with at the shows.

I've also gone to many shows with friends and gone on tour with friends and this is fun, too. I've met some of my best friends in life at Dead shows through the years.
Without love day to day insanity's king
perry
Senior Boarder

#59109 2 years, 11 months ago
Yep. I don't travel for shows though....buddies aren't into the scene anymore and wife only goes when I make her! GA shows is the way to go. Freedom of movement etc...

Hitting RR night 1 solo, taking the whole family to the Sunday show
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#59136 2 years, 11 months ago
I used to a lot. In early 2000. The people I went to gd shows stopped going after Jerry died. I almost wish I can go by myself now. It's a great experience when you get to. Most shows i go to I meet so many great people and going by yourself enhances that. Now some of my friends are back on the bus and there's now way I will be going solo again. I love going solo.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#59138 2 years, 11 months ago
Going to MSG solo, this will be the first solo show. Im excited and nervous at the same time. Im sure to meet some cool people. I am riding train up from virginia to show. Then home the next day. I just dont have lodging . This is the only thing Im nervous about doing this solo. Hotels are so expensive in the city and Im limited on funds. I wasnt going to let that stop me from my first MSG experience thoe. Any advice whould be very helpful.
GOOD LOVE
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#59142 2 years, 11 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
Tmglf2 wrote:
I find it to be like Dark Star, limited structure-maximum potential.

Well said!

yes, very well said. i roll to shows solo all the time and really like it that way. i can hook up with friends after i get to the show, and i also tend to meet more new people when traveling alone.
Chester
More or less in line

#59146 2 years, 11 months ago
Sure. Tends to be more fun if your not on someone else's scedule. And all of my friends are usually there already.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#59194 2 years, 11 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
Going to MSG solo, this will be the first solo show. Im excited and nervous at the same time. Im sure to meet some cool people. I am riding train up from virginia to show. Then home the next day. I just dont have lodging . This is the only thing Im nervous about doing this solo. Hotels are so expensive in the city and Im limited on funds. I wasnt going to let that stop me from my first MSG experience thoe. Any advice whould be very helpful.

I been to a few shows solo, its a great time. Eveyone is there for the same reason so you always got something to talk about :)_
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds