• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Do you ever go to shows by yourself?

#59033 2 years, 10 months ago
I've flown solo to all the Furthur shows I've been to and have really enjoyed the experience. Actually, I don't think I would do it any other way. If I go alone I know I won't be late and I can do what I want when I want. And I always meet cool people, so it's not like I'm by myself. Most of the people I went on Dead tour with were cool, but a few were pretty bogus. In retrospect, I probably would have had a better time if I had gone unaccompanied to some of those shows.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
probeck2001
Junior Boarder

Re: Do you ever go to shows by yourself?

#59034 2 years, 10 months ago
I do all the time.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#59045 2 years, 10 months ago
I did my first outta town solo trip to Alpharetta for Furthur this summer. I enjoyed the experince a lot! I felt so free! Not having that extra weight tying me down was great! I could do anything I wanted! Go anywhere I wanted and not have to ask anyone else if they were down for it! But one downside for sure going solo was not having anyone to split gas and lodging with. LOL But it really makes me want to do more runs solo.

I'll for sure go to a show around town by myself. Nothing will stop me from seeing music I wanna see!!! You should never not go to a show because you don't have someone to go with! Theres tons more new friends waiting to be made at the show! Get on out there!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
sandee823
Junior Boarder
Ohh mama, aint it good to be alive

#59051 2 years, 10 months ago
Same here- went to a show last night by myself and met some really cool people.
"Some think I do wrong to go to the opera and the theatre; but it rests me. I love to be alone and yet to be with people. A hearty laugh relieves me and I seem better able after it to bear my cross." Abraham Lincoln.
One of my favorite quotes.
This family has opened my eyes to so much in the world. For that, I am and will remain forever grateful.
My freedoms in the fire, i want to take me higher....free my soul
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#59054 2 years, 10 months ago
I do most shows by myself. I'll be doing Vegas through Monterey solo. The freedom to drive your own destiny always ends up meeting cool people at every turn. I find it to be like Dark Star, limited structure-maximum potential.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShakedownSteve
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#59058 2 years, 10 months ago
I prefer to go by myself lately. Of the six shows I went to this spring, the one show I went to with a friend (Jones Beach) was a pain in some ways. My freind was late and I had to wait outside during the first set for him to get there and then find me (thank goodness for cellphones). I just walked in during Black Throated Wind. If he was 5 minutes later I would have really been pissed. And once the show starts it's really just groving to the music anyway.

So many kind people on tour, and being alone you tend to socialize with strangers more I think which is cool. Plus you are free to do exactly what you want to do, or what you don't want to do....

I loved how the opening song for me last tour was "Feel like a Stranger".

~Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hands.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#59060 2 years, 10 months ago
i go solo to a lot of shows. a lot of my friends look at me like i'm crazy when i say i'm going by myself but i almost prefer it. i can fully let loose and just enjoy myself that being said i have a few friends that i don't mind going with but for the most part i'd rather go solo
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#59063 2 years, 10 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
I find it to be like Dark Star, limited structure-maximum potential.

Well said!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#59064 2 years, 10 months ago
Im not sure I would want to go alone, I would just find too much fun in the lot. My fiance loves this music and Im responsible for turning her on to this scene! We are getting close to 100 shows together, so I dont think I could fly solo even if I wanted too. We always end up hanging with very nice solo flyers at shows, usually older guys that have wives at home who think theyre crazy for still going to shows. I try to stay out of the lot scene as much as I can because we are trying to stay away from heavy psychedelics and other things that distract us from fully enjoying the music. Its just sweet nugs for us at shows these days.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#59066 2 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, a lot of the time. I will be doing the whole Midwest run solo. I really enjoy going by myself. I always meet a lot of really cool people I would not get to know if I was locked into my group of friends. I also usually run into old fiends in different cities.

Most of my friends will go to a local show, but are "to old or responsible" to tour now. At least that's what they say. I tell them you only get old when you stop living.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds