• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

The best food you've ate on shakedown

#58840 2 years, 7 months ago
I really want to know if anybody ate what I ate at these two shows. First broomsfield 2010. These 2 cute younger girls with there dad where making these tacos that were so good. He even crushed up some tortilla chips in his hands and put them on top. They were awesome and everybody wanted one.
Second was further festival in angles camp. This older man from the east coast had nice little set up and he was making pasta. And was totally into it, I could feel the passion and love he was putting into it and yes I might of been on the best L ever but I knew what was going on. He even had little shot of casadorez tequila with limes on them. The coat he was wearing was cool too with a bunch of cool patches. The food tasted the best ever. Five bucks a bowl and I had three. It was a beautiful shakedown food moment. Why i didn't take pictures of these people pisses me off.
Does anybody have in good shakedown food moments
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: The best food you've ate on shakedown

#58845 2 years, 7 months ago
Raliegh and simpsonville a Dready guy and his lady were making steak casadeas with homemade salsa. I ate one before show and 2 after show each night. Mmmmmm
GOOD LOVE
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#58847 2 years, 7 months ago
@Atwell 23
What a great vignette ~ I felt like I was there for a minute, smiling.

I still forget to quote :/
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by ruby_claire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#58888 2 years, 7 months ago
Had an INCREDIBLE bowl of onion free beef stew at a halloween jerry band show at brendan byrne
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Chester
More or less in line

#58914 2 years, 7 months ago
Had some good burrito's. Tasty egg rolls, and the like. Don't remember most of it. However, I did have a particularly delicious
breakfast burrito at Buckeye lake. But I think the best was the baklava I had in Binghamton this past spring.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#58928 2 years, 7 months ago
These weren't technically on Shakedown, but close: it's the homemade doughnuts that the grandmotherly lady at Meadowlark Acres Campground right near Alpine Valley would make in the mornings after shows. The campground was always 100% concert goers, and it was worth standing in line with the other groggy Deadheads to get some of that fried, frosted goodness that came out of her ancient doughnut machine!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
sockrates
Fresh Boarder

#59024 2 years, 7 months ago
Yeah. I think it was 2008 after the Ratdog Allman Bros show at Darien Lake. There was a man making these falafel sandwiches. He had a gas flame beneath a wok and started by burning this spice. I don't know what spice but it was intoxicating, like sex. All these cute Shakedown girls were coming around squeleling, "Oooh, that smell! That Smell!" Then he would add the falafel - not patties, just loose. Stir that around the wok and mixing it with the spice, all the time cracking jokes. He was very funny. And then he added several other ingredients. I don't remember all of them. Maybe cabbage, bits of chicken, nuts etc. He ladled it into hefty tortillas and topped with a picikle. Five bucks. People were in there with their money out and the falafel was going fast. I gave him fifteen dollars for two - one for me and one for my nephew Johhny. It was f****** delicious! Each bite was a surprise and a taste sensation. It was not only the best falafel I ever ate, it was the best food I ever ate. Ever.

Later,
Grateful Chris aka Sockrates
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#59036 2 years, 7 months ago
The best ever was the Colorado Kind Burritos back in the late 80's. I still crave those to this day.

Damn that was a good burrito. And only 3 bucks!
All You Need
BrownEyedWoman
Fresh Boarder

#59049 2 years, 7 months ago
Shakedown Streets always have the best food!

Bethel, July 2011: The tastiest Greek spinach and feta spanakopita. I also had a delicious steak and cheese quesadilla.
Mann Center, July 2011: After the show, a guy was selling pulled pork sandwiches. So tasty!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#59098 2 years, 7 months ago
Louie The Falafel Guy has the best food on the lot. He's the one that sells the "Jerry Rolls". They are giant veggie egg rolls and they are awesome, as is his falafel!!! You might have heard him on "Tales From the Golden Road", because he is good friends with the hosts of the show.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds