• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

I've been a lurker since the beginning...

#58641 3 years ago
So I thought I'd finally register and give it a try. I have some hesitation only because I've belonged to message boards in the past, only to have the experience ruined by a few assholes. Hopefully that won't happen here. A little about myself: I saw my first show at Soldier Field in '92 and went to 21 more Dead shows and 2 Jerry Band shows in '93 and '94. I didn't go to any shows in '95, which I'm thankful for. Had I gone to any it would have been Deer Creek, which would have sucked. My last show was Jerry's birthday show at The Palace. At the time I thought it was a good show. Hearing it now...not so much. But I saw some amazing shows in '93. Richfield Coliseum was a truly life changing experience for me. I didn't know it was possible to feel so good, and I haven't experienced anything like it since. I got off the bus in a big way after Jerry died. I still listened to The Dead sometimes, but I had no interest in their reunion tours or Ratdog or Phil and Friends. For me the magic was over, that is until Furthur came along. I first heard about Furthur while listening to Tales From The Golden Road on SiriusXM. I had never seen Dark Star Orchestra but I had heard of John Kadlecik so I knew what he was about. The idea of Phil and Bobby playing with a bunch of younger musicians really intrigued me so I decided to check them out. I saw them for the first time at the Hard Rock in Orlando and was completely blown away. I didn't think I could ever feel that way again, and I spent the whole show telling myself how lucky I am that I can still experience something like this. Needless to say, Furthur got me back on the bus in a big way. I also went to the UCF and St. Augustine shows. St. Augustine was an especially fun experience. I don't have the time, money or desire to go to as many shows as I did back in the day, but I'll definitely see them when they come back to Florida. Anyway, enough of my rambling for now. I'm not really into the social networking thing (I don't even have Facebook) but I'll accept any friend requests that come my way. Except for that crazy Indian dude.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge, PMoondancer
Chester
More or less in line

Re: I've been a lurker since the beginning...

#58642 3 years ago
Welcome aboard. It's a very nice place to be. Hey, I was at that Auburn hills show too.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#58644 3 years ago
welcome back !
but, at least give phil and friends a chance !
phil's work from 2001-2003 with warren , jimmy, headband and molo was off the chart !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, funky420, WGJORDAN3
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#58645 3 years ago
Welcome to the board. I have been on and still hit up a lot of boards, but this one has the best vibes sent out from great people.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#58648 3 years ago
I was at those Palace shows in 94. Jerry's Bday show was ok, but the night before was STELLAR. The place went wild when they did Midnight Hour to close the first set. I only got to see 11 GD shows with jerry, but 7-31-94 was one of the best I had seen.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#58650 3 years ago
Welcome to the board BTW. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#58657 3 years ago
Welcome Shakedown Steve! So glad you decided to join us here. Very kind souls on this board!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by FurthurFlower67.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#58659 3 years ago
Welcome aboard!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#58662 3 years ago
welcome aboard nice to have new people! i check out the other boards such as .org and pt but this is the only one i participate in because i find the people here to be extremely welcoming and not as abrasive as some on the other boards.
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#58681 3 years ago
Ii am originally from Cleveland, and all those Richfield runs were amazing. I have downloaded most of them from the Archive. Spring (lol the first show got snowed out) and fall 93 were amazing.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds