Re: Walkin The Dog breakout

#58564 3 years ago
That would be nice.
I also saw it in 85 at The Spectrum
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#58579 3 years ago
would be a silly surprise for sure hahah...first heard it from an old tape of some 84 show , i want to say in march or april, somewhere in marin county
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#58584 3 years ago
You'll get a strong YES vote here. I was at the Spectrum for the tour ender 4-8-85 -- best first set I ever saw. What an opening trio. Cumberland hell its all good. Thought they had no shot a gettin anywhere near the heights of Easter sunday 4/7 but they came out and proved me wrong (again). Second set was a lil sloppy but the energy & vibe was over the top.
I have a video of this - surprised it hasn't popped up on youtube.

Grateful Dead
04/08/85 (Mon) The Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Midnight Hour > Walkin' The Dog > Big Boss Man, Me & My Uncle > Cumberland Blues, Down In The Bottom > I Ain't Superstitous, Althea, Tons Of Steel > Supplication > Might As Well

Set 2: Revolution, Hell In A Bucket > Touch of Grey, Estimated Prophet > Eyes Of The World > Drums > Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad > Stella Blue > Around and Around > Lovelight, E: Brokedown Palace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This show has an average rating of 4.66 out of 32 votes
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#58585 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
would be a silly surprise for sure hahah...first heard it from an old tape of some 84 show , i want to say in march or april, somewhere in marin county

That is exactly what it is; a silly funny song. Yet they actually enjoyed playing it the 2 times I saw it in 85. opened with it in november at Bren byrne.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#58587 3 years ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
You'll get a strong YES vote here. I was at the Spectrum for the tour ender 4-8-85 -- best first set I ever saw. What an opening trio. Cumberland hell its all good. Thought they had no sht a gettin anywhere near the heights of Easter sunday 4/7 but they came ut and proved me wrong (again). Second set was a lil sloppy but the energy & vibe was over the top.
!
Grateful Dead
04/08/85 (Mon) The Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Midnight Hour > Walkin' The Dog > Big Boss Man, Me & My Uncle > Cumberland Blues, Down In The Bottom > I Ain't Superstitous, Althea, Tons Of Steel > Supplication > Might As Well

Set 2: Revolution, Hell In A Bucket > Touch of Grey, Estimated Prophet > Eyes Of The World > Drums > Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad > Stella Blue > Around and Around > Lovelight, E: Brokedown Palace

Awesome run at the spectrum that april buddy. Man what a year what a year. WTD and BBM in one night is a gem!!!

Meet you at kate smith every hour on the half hour. I must have said that a thousand times meeting up with people at the spectrum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This show has an average rating of 4.66 out of 32 votes[/quote]
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 3 years ago by newyawker.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds