• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Nice surprise

#58248 3 years, 1 month ago
at the Ramble I could of stuck my hand out and most likely had Bob shake it but it didn't feel like the right thing to do. Levon left the stage and stuck his arm right back into the 2nd row by us to shake hands (he did it for a lot of people) and said "thanks for coming" amongst other he things. when Bob left the stage some people in the first row were sticking out their hands for him and he shook trhem, even some guy sitting right next to me (in the 2nd row) stuck his hand out and Bob shook it. I'm sure I could of done the same but it felt rude to me ..... Bob wasn't putting his hand out to shake like Levon was, but he's a nice guy and he shook their hands. He definitly wasn't trying to and looked like he didn't want that so I didn't even think about it. It was sweet to just be that close, he looked over in my direction a few times and obviously may not have been looking at me (though it felt like he was) but after the show I realized I was one of the only(if not the only) person with a tie dye on, and it was my light blue summer 2009 Ratdog tie dye
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#58252 3 years, 1 month ago
Cool story MushroomMan. I met Bob once. Hell of a nice guy! : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#58255 3 years, 1 month ago
Chester wrote:

Met Bob?! Story, please!! : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#58268 3 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Chester wrote:

Met Bob?! Story, please!! : )

Nothing super cool or anything. Bob did a little impromptu meet and greet with some fans who were hanging out after a
Ratdog show, back in 95. This was about two weeks after Jerry passed. It was an emotional time.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#58279 3 years, 1 month ago
Wow, what a time to talk to Bob.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#58280 3 years, 1 month ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Wow, what a time to talk to Bob.

That's what I was thinking. I'd forgotten Ratdog was out that quickly after Jerry was gone (as JJG would have wanted). Can't even imagine how emotional that must have been!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#58290 3 years, 1 month ago
Ratdog actually played the day that Jerry died, the shows been on gdradio a few times - very emotional show and just about every song played can be seen as a tribute or have had meaning towards Jerry, if not every single song. At the begining Bob says something along the lines of "if our departed friend has taught us anything its how music can make bad times better" .... not exact words just from memory then near the end he says "this ones for Jerry" and they do Amazing Grace...

it was Ratdog's 7th show
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#58363 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
at the Ramble I could of stuck my hand out and most likely had Bob shake it but it didn't feel like the right thing to do. Levon left the stage and stuck his arm right back into the 2nd row by us to shake hands (he did it for a lot of people) and said "thanks for coming" amongst other he things. when Bob left the stage some people in the first row were sticking out their hands for him and he shook trhem, even some guy sitting right next to me (in the 2nd row) stuck his hand out and Bob shook it. I'm sure I could of done the same but it felt rude to me ..... Bob wasn't putting his hand out to shake like Levon was, but he's a nice guy and he shook their hands. He definitly wasn't trying to and looked like he didn't want that so I didn't even think about it. It was sweet to just be that close, he looked over in my direction a few times and obviously may not have been looking at me (though it felt like he was) but after the show I realized I was one of the only(if not the only) person with a tie dye on, and it was my light blue summer 2009 Ratdog tie dye

That's great seeing him at such an intimate show. I hope they reschedule the other solo shows. From what I saw it looked like Papa grizzly (AKA Robert (trouble) Wier) trimmed his beard too.

Ever think Bobby was looking at you cause he does not like tie dies (just messing with you but he's publicly said he would never wear one). Hey you are in good company, Phil used to wear wicked tie dies. Same w/ Billy and I think Mickey too.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#58367 3 years, 1 month ago
I met Mickey once many years ago (probably 25 years ago), when his book Drumming at the edge of Magic was first released. At a book signing. It was a long line of deadheads - I think it was a small town on Long Island NY. He did say hello, shook my hand and gave me a personalized autograph (I asked him to sign the dead nickname my friends gave me years ago, which he did).

He was very quiet that day. I almost felt bad for Mickey having to spend a couple of hours in a bookstore in the middle of nowhere, signing books. After all he was a drummer in the GD. Silly thing is I don't care for the book, but it's a treasure of mine.

I've never met any of the other members but I have friends who've met Bobby several times. Two comments I hear a lot form people who've met Bobby is he is very hard of hearing and dyslexic. I also hear he's a really nice guy, especially while partying.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#58504 3 years, 1 month ago
I heard Bob dosn't like tie dye's - but they can't really offend him or anything if every tour he does has one (Ratdog, The Dead, Furthur) .... I love them, if anyone asks my favorite color I tell them "tie dye"
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds