• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: BEER ?

#58360 3 years, 1 month ago
Saranac makes both an IPA and Imperial IPA,Midle Ages in Syracuse has the Impaled Ale which is nice.I love my Anchor Steam and Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout.Wegman's has a great beer aisle now,but I go to the little gas station around the corner.5 taps running at all times,a walkin cooler,2 stand alone coolers and beer just stacked everywhere.The owner's son works for a distributor and his other son runs the station.Love having tons of options in my smallish city
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#58391 3 years, 1 month ago
kfender wrote:
Saranac makes both an IPA and Imperial IPA,Midle Ages in Syracuse has the Impaled Ale which is nice.I love my Anchor Steam and Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout.Wegman's has a great beer aisle now,but I go to the little gas station around the corner.5 taps running at all times,a walkin cooler,2 stand alone coolers and beer just stacked everywhere.The owner's son works for a distributor and his other son runs the station.Love having tons of options in my smallish city

all of the sunoco gas stations in the buffalo area have all started selling growlers of craft beer...several different types on tap, decent pricing as well...thought it was at one location and seems every one i visit is now offering this service
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#58393 3 years, 1 month ago
Pranqster belgian stylee (all the whilee)
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#58398 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
kfender wrote:

all of the sunoco gas stations in the buffalo area have all started selling growlers of craft beer...several different types on tap, decent pricing as well...thought it was at one location and seems every one i visit is now offering this service

I read about this in Beer Advocate. I think this is awesome.
All You Need
Chester
More or less in line

#58399 3 years, 1 month ago
Got a nice little beverage distribution center in town. I've known the owner for a while. He always has some good deals.
Last week I picked up a case of Boulder Brewing co.'s Mojo IPA, and some hazed and infused for 20 bucks each. Both
excellent brews.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#58405 3 years, 1 month ago
Lots of great brews here in the Philly area: Yards, Victory, plenty of Belgian imports, we're even one of the few places in the country where you can buy Pliny The Elder.

Currently getting into the Oktoberfests. Magic Hat has a brew called Hex that's absolutely delicious and Spaten's seasonal offering is a perenial favorite. In a more general sense, I'm always up for Flying Dog's Raging Bitch, a Belgian style creation that's 9% ABV. The effect is fairly psychedelic. Also like the Small Craft Warning pils that's 7% ABV, which is certainly unusual for that variety. Very tasty and a bit bracing. Robust.

Actually this is just the tip of the iceberg for me. At least once a month I'll pull together a menu of different brews, put on some Stones and Hot Tuna, and just explore...
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Equinox.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#58407 3 years, 1 month ago
BTW I'm also into Wegman's. The one near us has a fine selection and they sell something called a growler, which is a 64 oz brown jug that they fill from the taps at their bar. Out of the keg is, hands down, the best way to experience beer, IMO.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#58413 3 years, 1 month ago
Equinox wrote:
BTW I'm also into Wegman's. The one near us has a fine selection and they sell something called a growler, which is a 64 oz brown jug that they fill from the taps at their bar. Out of the keg is, hands down, the best way to experience beer, IMO.

wegmans is where it's at in general for whatever you need, but yeah their alcohol selection is great...i agree too, pint glass off a fresh keg is great

i tried the long trail harvest brew the other day, was pretty damn good
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
kfender
Gold Boarder

#58420 3 years, 1 month ago
Wegmans rules!!!!I wish mine had a bar with taps now too!My gas station alway has tastey beers on tap so oh well.weggiess is right down the street and the station is right around the corner.Been killing the sushi at weggies since the finally got that at my store
kfender
Gold Boarder

#58422 3 years, 1 month ago
$15.99 for a growler of Dogfish 90 minute IPA.Same price as u would pay in a bar but enjoyed in the comfort of my own home
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds