• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder
Posts:1020

BEER ?

#58131 3 years ago
Its only tuesday but its friday for me. Im going to have a nice cold one when I get home

So what BEER fancys your taste buds?
GOOD LOVE
wngfan
Junior Boarder
Posts:220

Re: BEER ?

#58132 3 years ago
A nice cold 22 0z bottle of Ninkasi Total Domination IPA tends to be my GoTo beer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2090
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: BEER ?

#58136 3 years ago
Peroni
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder
Posts:194

Re: BEER ?

#58138 3 years ago
wngfan wrote:
A nice cold 22 0z bottle of Ninkasi Total Domination IPA tends to be my GoTo beer.


I drank one of those in line at NYE (we don't get it where I live). I wasn't all all that impressed.

I'm hoping a visit to their taproom in a little over a week will change my mind on that.

As for beer, I'm an award winning homebrewer so I make most of the beer I drink. Right now I have on tap: a double IPA 9.0% ABV, a spanish cedar IPA 9.2%, A brettanomyces saison and an Imperial vanilla milk stout (think Southern Tier Creme Brulee) and a cream ale (6.2%) on nitro. Two of those won medals at state fair just a couple weeks back.

I also have a green tea IPA, an apricot pale and a key lime wit conditioning (also won at state fair with the last two bottles from last batch), with a dubbel, an imperial black IPA and a rye saison just finishing fermentation now.

So yeah I have a LOT of beer. But commerically speaking, I like SNPA, any Russian River/Bruery beer, Alpine Nelson, any Southern Tier. I'm open to trying any style beer. I think I'll make a gose after tour...
All You Need
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Irrenarzt.
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33320
More or less in line

Re: BEER ?

#58140 3 years ago
Irrenarzt wrote:


I drank one of those in line at NYE (we don't get it where I live). I wasn't all all that impressed.

I'm hoping a visit to their taproom in a little over a week will change my mind on that.

As for beer, I'm an award winning homebrewer so I make most of the beer I drink. Right now I have on tap: a double IPA 9.0% ABV, a spanish cedar IPA 9.2%, A brettanomyces saison and an Imperial vanilla milk stout (think Southern Tier Creme Brulee) and a cream ale (6.2%) on nitro. Two of those won medals at state fair just a couple weeks back.

I also have a green tea IPA, an apricot pale and a key lime wit conditioning (also won at state fair with the last two bottles from last batch), with a dubbel, an imperial black IPA and a rye saison just finishing fermentation now.

So yeah I have a LOT of beer. But commerically speaking, I like SNPA, any Russian River/Bruery beer, Alpine Nelson, any Southern Tier. I'm open to trying any style beer. I think I'll make a gose after tour...


Impressive. I've brewed a couple of times, but only from kits. And, SouthernTier is one of my favorites too.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2338

Re: BEER ?

#58141 3 years ago
A liquor store that I go to in the city has cases of 16 oz cans of Becks for $20 including tax so that is what I have on hand now
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
wngfan
Junior Boarder
Posts:220

Re: BEER ?

#58150 3 years ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
wngfan wrote:
A nice cold 22 0z bottle of Ninkasi Total Domination IPA tends to be my GoTo beer.


I drank one of those in line at NYE (we don't get it where I live). I wasn't all all that impressed.

I'm hoping a visit to their taproom in a little over a week will change my mind on that.

As for beer, I'm an award winning homebrewer so I make most of the beer I drink. Right now I have on tap: a double IPA 9.0% ABV, a spanish cedar IPA 9.2%, A brettanomyces saison and an Imperial vanilla milk stout (think Southern Tier Creme Brulee) and a cream ale (6.2%) on nitro. Two of those won medals at state fair just a couple weeks back.

I also have a green tea IPA, an apricot pale and a key lime wit conditioning (also won at state fair with the last two bottles from last batch), with a dubbel, an imperial black IPA and a rye saison just finishing fermentation now.

So yeah I have a LOT of beer. But commerically speaking, I like SNPA, any Russian River/Bruery beer, Alpine Nelson, any Southern Tier. I'm open to trying any style beer. I think I'll make a gose after tour...


I love IPAs. We have so many good ones here in Oregon it is amazing. The reason Ninkasi is my GoTo IPA is because it is cheap (I have seen it at $2.99 for a 22 oz), and it isn;t too strong like all the Imperial IPAs around, so that is what I stock my fridge with... If you go to their TapTroom, you might prefer Tricerahops IPA.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: BEER ?

#58151 3 years ago
a nice hoppy IPA on cask just can't be beat (IMHO).

as an alternate suggestion.... Pliny the Elder.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder
Posts:194

Re: BEER ?

#58163 3 years ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
a nice hoppy IPA on cask just can't be beat (IMHO).

as an alternate suggestion.... Pliny the Elder.


Speaking of cask, I had the IPA at Magnolia on cask at NYE and I liked the regular one better. I do really like the whole cask conditioning business though. I'm thinking of having a hand pump cask party in the near future.

Magnolia last December, just before NYE


The one on the left is the cask Proving Ground IPA. I liked the regular one better.
All You Need
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Irrenarzt.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2730

Re: BEER ?

#58164 3 years ago
Yuengling Light Lager lately.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds