• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Cowboy Fans (Shakes head) Tasers Marine

#58098 2 years, 10 months ago
The newest edition of Cowboy "tool fan tool of the year" This is beyond belief. The guy doesn't have the decency to stand for the anthem. He refuses to stand or take off his hat when asked by a Marine on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. BUT he could get up at 1/2 time. Marine warned him if you don't stand for the anthem your not gettin past me later. Conflict ensues...dude pulls out a TASER GUN and starts firing hittin 3 people including the Marine. First off who takes a taser gun to a football game? & how did this idiot get it in on 9/11? There is a link at the bottom of this link to see video although you really can't see much. Maybe Rome really is crumbling.

deadspin.com/5839682/cowboys-fan-didnt-j...ered-a-marine-on-911
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

Re: Cowboy Fans (Shakes head) Tasers Marine

#58101 2 years, 10 months ago
He probably carries a taser because of all of the violence recently at sporting events... while I agree he should have had some manners and stood for the anthem but that marine had no right to antagonise him...a free country means standing or sitting during the anthem no matter if I like it or not...just my .02

and dont tell me he fought for my freedom because he didn't... he went to war because the government sent him and he signed up for it...the way this country is going, it is beyond me how ANY person would want to go to war and fight for these politicians who would not take care of you if you make it out alive...let alone they certainly wouldn't put their lives on the line for any of us.. its their war, they should go fight and not send our childern, parents, and other family members... again, just my opinion.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#58102 2 years, 10 months ago
marine was wrong. Maybe he wasn't an American? Maybe he feels that America is an imperial force and he has his own reasons for not standing. Maybe.... maybe.... I don't know, but the marine could have said he was not happy about it. Anything more and the marine is in the wrong. Bringing a taser is wrong.... using it is wrong. But the marine instigated. It's none of his frigging business. Or does freedom mean something other than free not to stand when one chooses not to. Maybe they are from the nation of Islam....
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#58106 2 years, 10 months ago
Valid points all above BUT I HIGHLY doubt he wouldn't have standed when asked if didn't have a taser gun. Thank god it wasn't a real gun. Also take into account the 9/11 anniversay date and emotions are running high. We were also founded on separation of church and state. Even if the foolio is another religion it doesn't mean he can't stand. I mean if I went to Iran and it was some somber anniversery or national holiday I would not do anything to offend the country I am a guest of. All that said I just think this guy your run of the mill ahole. Wait..no he is a a GRADE A ahole. Cowboy fan. Nuff said.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#58109 2 years, 10 months ago
i just wonder how security could let a taser get by on 911 when there is a terror threat in effect somebody dropped the ball i see a lawsuit coming
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#58110 2 years, 10 months ago
Words are often exchanged at football games - lots of tailgating, booze, etc. The guy with the taser was at Giants stadium, home of the Jets and he was dressed in a cowboys uniform with other Cowboy fans, and he obviously was not taking any crap.

The article does not specify what words were exchanged other than the initial comment when the marine allegedly asked the man to honor the flag, I don't think the guy said "yeah sure" rather I suspect something like "go f yourself", which may or may not have been warranted.

There are two ways out of every row at Giant Stadium, so even if he was threatened, Mr. Taser could have exited another way. Appears to me neither guy was going to back down so there is blame to share. I'm sure Mr. Taser could have called security and there would have been no altercation.

All I know is if someone even pulled out a taser - ON 9/11 where there are 50,000 fans, he deserves to have the crap beaten out of him. It's an emotional day and it is scary. Multiple people die every year falling from Staduims, so it's not a joke. And the guy allegedly tasered 3 people.

I'm not commenting whether the marine was right or wrong, but I think Mr. Taser got what he deserved. Hopefully he will think twice before pulling that thing out again.

Again, just my 2 cents.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#58185 2 years, 10 months ago
That marine has no more right to touch a person than you or I do.

He can state his opinion all he likes, but hands off.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#58189 2 years, 10 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
All that said I just think this guy your run of the mill ahole. Wait..no he is a a GRADE A ahole. Cowboy fan. Nuff said.

Amen
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#58195 2 years, 10 months ago
The story in the local NY papers are a bit different - why I don't know. They don't mention anything about the marine other than he was tasered.

According to the daily news the fans were upset that the guy didn't stand and take his hat off during the national anthem and because he was talking loudly during the solemn memorial service. Being from NY and living through 9-11 I will say many NY'ers remember the pain of 9-11 a bit more than others may. Many of us (myself included) know several people who perished, plus many will never forget alll the posters on every corner of the city of people desperately hoping to be reunited with their loved ones. Other people walked around for months with pictures of the missing, something you can never forget. We all know how those searches turned out. Heart breaking when you see all the pictures of all the faces, thousands of them. My point is the day is very solemn for everyone, especially NY-ers and others who were directly affected. So we may take the ceremonies a bit more seriously than others. Also, someone in the military fighting for this country must be genuinely upset at people who disrespect the country. Again, I don't condone what the marine allegedly did, but I do understand and sympathize a lot more with him than with Mr. Taser. Mr. Marine was reacting with his heart, Mr Taser was definately saying FU to everyone with his disrespect.

What is also scary is that ex President Bush was at that game, so security was supposed to be very tight. How he got in with a taser is beyond me.

And even if Mr. Taser was upset that people asked him to be quiet during the ceremony, he did not have to taser people.

So I've heard several versions of what happened --- and I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's a link to the Daily News article along with a short video summary. www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets...tunning_new_low.html
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#58226 2 years, 10 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
He probably carries a taser because of all of the violence recently at sporting events... while I agree he should have had some manners and stood for the anthem but that marine had no right to antagonise him...a free country means standing or sitting during the anthem no matter if I like it or not...just my .02

and dont tell me he fought for my freedom because he didn't... he went to war because the government sent him and he signed up for it...the way this country is going, it is beyond me how ANY person would want to go to war and fight for these politicians who would not take care of you if you make it out alive...let alone they certainly wouldn't put their lives on the line for any of us.. its their war, they should go fight and not send our childern, parents, and other family members... again, just my opinion.
\

you are 100% right he didn't have to stand for the nat'l anthem...i had a similar experience in high school not standing for the pledge and catching a lot of shit from teacher/administrators/peers until i prepared a presentation (on my own) explaining why i don't HAVE TO stand for the pledge...sometimes people don't understand things

hate to say it but he fought for your freedom....he chose to join for whatever reason...but what you aren't realizing is that if people like him didn't willingly join, your children, your parents and other family members would be drafted into it...no matter what ulterior motives the gov't and politicians have, we are still enjoying a lot of basic civil liberties because these people are out there doing what they're told
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds