• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: 85 tickets for Columbus already on Stubhub!

#58071 3 years ago
captaintony wrote:
I know I'm beating a dead horse here on this subject, but this pisses me off. I screwed around today and forgot about the presale, there's still tix available there, but I think I'll wait till Friday to see how much money Ticketbastard can screw me out of.
I agree wholeheartedly Capt. T.
I am sitting here on the verge of selling my car to the scrap yard just to get the dough for a Ticket
But even if I get the ticket how do I get to the Schott with no car ? It's a classic Deadhead Connundrum !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#58129 3 years ago
SunshineSue wrote:
captaintony wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Oh, feel free to keep beating it, i'll even join you since I bet every one of those 85 is a better seat than what I ended up with! Sleazy, scummy scalpers!!

I had a few words for a scalper last year in Columbus, I was the only one who had a ticket beforehand in our group of 5 and I was trying to get a ticket for my buddy. Where ya sitting at? We definitely need to stop and say hey to one another during the show. And let me tell you now, no I don't look like The Dude so don't be disappointed.

And I don't look like a large yellow orb. ; ) But a meet up is definitely a must- I'm getting tired of hearing all these East Coasters planning things, it's about time we pull together a party for the Rust Belters. I'm about smack in the middle of the floor, F5 at the moment. Looking forward to it, no matter where I'm sitting, though! : )

I look like my avatar. The the fat one on the right with the big smile
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#58134 3 years ago
I bought Pre-Sale for Shoreline because I wanted to make sure I was in reserved seating. I ended up in the middle a few rows fromt he very back. Turns out there was better reserved seating available a week before the show. If it is a large venue, you may be better off waiting.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#58142 3 years ago
Below is taken from a 2007 article about Stub Hub:

StubHub was founded in 2000 by Eric Baker and Jeff Fluhr. Two MBA students who saw an opportunity to build a destination site in the Secondary-Ticketing market. The original name of their company was Liquid Seats. The basic premise of the business was to develop a marketplace that would put ticket buyers and ticket sellers together.

Today, a huge amount of StubHub’s inventory is directly feed to them by the 1000+ ticket brokers around the USA. They take data feeds of the tickets owned by ticket brokers, mark the tickets up 15% and then sell those tickets to people who are shopping on Stubhub.com. And StubHub provides the ticket brokers with branded StubHub envelopes and materials to place in the Fedex envelopes that are shipped to the customer who bought the tickets. So the customer buying the tickets has no idea the tickets came from a ticket broker.

Within the FAQ section on StubHub’s web site they list the following question “Where do these tickets come from?”. There answer makes no mention of Ticket Brokers providing the majority of their inventory. They say it’s “season ticket holders” and other “ticket holders”, but don’t mention their biggest supplier (by far) the ticket brokers. Clearly, StubHub doesn’t want this fact to be known by the masses.

So then why did Ebay just pay $300 Million dollars to buy StubHub? The deal Ebay made for StubHub seems like nothing more than a desperate attempt by Ebay to jumpstart their slumping ticket sales category. Ebay Tickets is still the largest marketplace for tickets in the world, but in recent years had been losing ground to other competitors, who charged smaller fees to list tickets. I think this partnership between Ebay and StubHub is in for some stormy days ahead.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#58261 3 years ago
I just checked a scalpers site for MSG, NOT TO BUY but to see what tickets they have taken from the fans. It's actually interesting, scalpers have lots of seats in front of the stage, but nothing at the sides or in the back. So there must still be a lot of tickets available, at least for MSG. They list the tickets as available to ship 11/3 and 11/4 - so they apparently have noting in hand. That being said, they obviously are taking the tickets away from us fans.

Here's their interactive map of MSG tickets they have. www.hookuptickets.com/ResultsTicket.aspx...il+Lesh+%26+Bob+Weir

And for Columbus...looks like they have tickets in 1/2 the arena, so I presume ticketbastard and mail order have the other half. www.hookuptickets.com/ResultsTicket.aspx...il+Lesh+%26+Bob+Weir
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Chester
More or less in line

#58266 3 years ago
I have been led to believe, they promise tickets that they, as yet, don't have. That could explain why there are so many
tickets available so soon. I can't verify that. But based on previous posts, I'm guessing that's at least part of it.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds