• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Another MSG Show?

#57839 3 years ago
I noticed that Furthur have the night off before the MSG show. Maybe if MSG sells out fast they will add another show at MSG on November 9th. I checked the MSG web site and so far nothing is booked for that night. One night is just not enough for NYC. I was unable to get tickets today for MGS, hopefully Friday.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Another MSG Show?

#57840 3 years ago
quite possible back in GD days multinite runs were common fur shur saw many many shows there
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57923 3 years ago
would be pretty sweet huh?

as cool as it'd be i highly doubt it...they are coming from charlottesville, and despite having a day off before that as well as this other day after, i think they will fully utilize their downtime, these ol' fellas sure tour pretty heavily for their age.. adding that date would push them to 5 shows in a row early in the tour, i just don't see it happening...i'm sure there is a reason a 2nd night at MSG was not booked, i just don't know what it is...yet...

is that what would happen with some of those gigantic garden runs for GD? they'd book some and the demand was high they'd add more? they did some pretty long stands there and other places such as boston garden later in their career, guess i am curious if these were all announced or once or slowly added?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#57925 3 years ago
dont remember
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57927 3 years ago
well they didn't sell any of the upper section the 2nd night last year - so maybe thats why only 1 night at MSG this year....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57930 3 years ago
MushroomMan wrote:
well they didn't sell any of the upper section the 2nd night last year - so maybe thats why only 1 night at MSG this year....

yeah it was also a sunday night..i am gonna guess this single thursday night show will eventually sell out
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#57959 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

yeah it was also a sunday night..i am gonna guess this single thursday night show will eventually sell out

You're right about the Sunday show last year. If they add another then it's a Friday show so there might have been a strategy or 'strategry' to this.

Being a New Yorker I sure hope they add another because it is unlikely that I can travel to another although AC and WlikesB are tempting.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by deadegad.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57963 3 years ago
deadegad wrote:
wlewis wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

You're right about the Sunday show last year. If they add another then it's a Friday show so there might have been a strategy or 'strategry' to this.

Being a New Yorker I sure hope they add another because it is unlikely that I can travel to another although AC and WlikesB are tempting.

if they add another show it will have to be the wensday before since they are playing Syracuse on friday...
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#58007 3 years ago
I don't see another NYC show. The city's pretty saturated at this point.

To answer wlewis' question, they pretty much announced all those multi-night runs all at once. It gave people a better shot at mail order, which was more predominent in those days, and it allowed everyone to formulate their travel plans.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#58076 3 years ago
MushroomMan wrote:

yup noticed that too, so prob not going to add 2 nights even though it was a great way to end a amazing tour! That run was really nice! But I remember that Sunday MSG show was not as packed, but the Saturday show was unreal!
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds