• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
njt1rider
Junior Boarder

Re: If u are flipping pre sale tix on stubhub u suck.

#59041 3 years, 1 month ago
Thats only half the problem. The other half is stopping them from getting the tickets in the first place...
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#59268 3 years, 1 month ago
573 tickets for sale for Chicago on stubhub. BASTARDS!
Holy shit just saw 1012 for MSG! WTF?
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by funky420.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#59434 3 years, 1 month ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
wlewis wrote:
a petition is a good idea although i'm not sure that doing it here on our own message board will be very helpful...there is probably some sort of online program for designing one, or just looking at some online to design your own...it would probably be more effective to actually have folks promoting this at the shows, even in front of obvious scalpers...as fred mentioned it's not an easy task i mean we'd be attacking this from the grass roots level but if there is anything history has taught us, that works, whether it's "as is" or through an evolutionary process...perhaps with enough signatures the petition could be formally given to the band and it's associates...but we also have to make clear exactly what kind of solutions are possible

I agree, I don't think you can get anything changed by this thread alone. Maybe writing editorials for Rolling Stones Magazine or another national magazine can expand the cause? There you have fans from all types of music, and from what I hear the problem is much worse for fans of the "hot" artists like Lady Ga Ga. I'm sure there are other places to get the word out, etc.

Not sure what you would do with the petition. I would think the music industry is already for this scalpers are opposed. Even if you had a petition signed by everyone on the planet, I don't think scalpers will go away quietly in the night.

Maybe a petition to our legislators (Senators, etc) making scalping illegal might help too. I believe scalping is legal in many states but I may be wrong. With cyberspace scalpers can "hide" out in Nevada or somewhere that permits scalping. I know they openly scalp for everything right outside MSG for every event. If the police would hassle them, that might help, but I suppose with Craigslist and stubhub people will still scalp.

Here's a link to Rolling Stone Magazine online. www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/photos...ul-dead-1967-0900152

stubhub has full page advertisements inside rolling stone magazine
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
njt1rider
Junior Boarder

#60130 3 years, 1 month ago
OK so this is still pissing me off. Check this out: Google says MSG has 18200 seats. Stubhub has 1843 tickets for sale for MSG. That's 10% of the seats! WTF? Could you imagine if like the front half of the floor just didn't show up (my guess of 10%) How ridiculous is that? Lets not forget that this is only 1 day after tickets have "officially" gone on sale. And what i don't get is the tickets are selling for face value. How the hell does that even do anything for the seller? All is can say is WTF WTF WTF???????
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#60139 3 years, 1 month ago
you should have to show id to get into the show .all tickets are barcoded at time of sale you havet o provide id for ticket purchase.if your buying tickets for others(nomore than 4 people) you have to provide id numbers for them well before the day of the shows.its not perfect but its a start a will call sytem with id is nice but it will take forever to get into a show
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
njt1rider
Junior Boarder

#60145 3 years, 1 month ago
I know the .pdf tickets are quick and easy but what if they still only had hard tickets? How much money is ticketmaster saving for not having to print out all those tickets anyway?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#60149 3 years, 1 month ago
njt1rider wrote:
I know the .pdf tickets are quick and easy but what if they still only had hard tickets? How much money is ticketmaster saving for not having to print out all those tickets anyway?

probably not a whole lot is being saved...seems like the print outs use more paper (albeit thinner) than the hard tix...but they offer free standard shipping anyways, they just like to make the extra few bucks letting people print them out i'm sure...and there are also people who NEED to have their tix ASAP..mainly scalpers hahaha
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#60214 3 years, 1 month ago
If they just made all pre sale tix will call only then it would solve a lot of the scalper issues. Tom Waits makes all his tix will call. It is kind of a pain in the ass show day, but it is way better than getting shut out by the scalpers.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, funky420
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#60291 3 years, 1 month ago
Was checking out Stub Hub just for kicks. Funny how MSG was the most expensive show of the tour but with 1919 tickets available it is the cheapest of all the November shows on Stub Hub at $65.00. I am very surprised Portland is going for $83.00 being a GA show and only $40.00 face value. I may have an extra for Portland which I will sell at face plus charges.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#60332 3 years, 1 month ago
Some PERSON has got DSO tix for the albany ny show on stubhub for 175 bucks......dude needs to double his dosage and come back to this reality.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds