• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: If u are flipping pre sale tix on stubhub u suck.

#58605 2 years, 7 months ago
For furthur one possible solution is to make every ticket mail order. GDTSTOO can watch the lists and limit your tickets to 4 per person per show. And they can weed out obvious scalpers. Then the shows would be filled with real fans. My only question is whether they can sell out the larger venues without ticketmaster or frontgate.

But I bet ticketmaster would have a fit. Fluck em if they can't take a joke.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#58606 2 years, 7 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
For furthur one possible solution is to make every ticket mail order. GDTSTOO can watch the lists and limit your tickets to 4 per person per show. And they can weed out obvious scalpers. Then the shows would be filled with real fans. My only question is whether they can sell out the larger venues without ticketmaster or frontgate.

But I bet ticketmaster would have a fit. Fluck em if they can't take a joke.

In an ideal world, this would be the solution. However, I'm pretty sure that Ticketmaster has contracts with the venues that require them to be able to sell at least half of the tickets. The GDTS never sold more than half of the available tickets to any shows even back in the day, and I've read that they had to fight to even be able to do that.
Without love day to day insanity's king
njt1rider
Junior Boarder

#58610 2 years, 7 months ago
So is there anyone doing the whole tour who is willing to collect signatures for the petition? I think the will call idea sounds like the most reasonable and attainable goal....
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#58624 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
a petition is a good idea although i'm not sure that doing it here on our own message board will be very helpful...there is probably some sort of online program for designing one, or just looking at some online to design your own...it would probably be more effective to actually have folks promoting this at the shows, even in front of obvious scalpers...as fred mentioned it's not an easy task i mean we'd be attacking this from the grass roots level but if there is anything history has taught us, that works, whether it's "as is" or through an evolutionary process...perhaps with enough signatures the petition could be formally given to the band and it's associates...but we also have to make clear exactly what kind of solutions are possible

I agree, I don't think you can get anything changed by this thread alone. Maybe writing editorials for Rolling Stones Magazine or another national magazine can expand the cause? There you have fans from all types of music, and from what I hear the problem is much worse for fans of the "hot" artists like Lady Ga Ga. I'm sure there are other places to get the word out, etc.

Not sure what you would do with the petition. I would think the music industry is already for this scalpers are opposed. Even if you had a petition signed by everyone on the planet, I don't think scalpers will go away quietly in the night.

Maybe a petition to our legislators (Senators, etc) making scalping illegal might help too. I believe scalping is legal in many states but I may be wrong. With cyberspace scalpers can "hide" out in Nevada or somewhere that permits scalping. I know they openly scalp for everything right outside MSG for every event. If the police would hassle them, that might help, but I suppose with Craigslist and stubhub people will still scalp.

Here's a link to Rolling Stone Magazine online. www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/photos...ul-dead-1967-0900152
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Colonoscopy
Fresh Boarder

#58837 2 years, 7 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
Thinking about the ticket industry as a whole pretty much kills the idea that I had that they make all shows GA, at least to cut into the profit margin of scalpers . No one can justify asking $ 1000 for a GA ticket, but some idiot trying to impress his GF will easily pay that for front row center. GA is so much more democratic. Obviously if ticketmaster just gives a chunk of tickets to "scalpers", who really work for the promoters, they stand to benefit most from all those close up seats... and since it's basically racketeering no wonder Chicago is the worst city for scalping.

What a dilemma we need a miracle to solve this one, cuz telling people not to buy them just isn't going to work. Even if the fans don't, there are fatcats everywhere who use their "great seats" to impress people. Whenever I do have really good seats in Chicago, I am surrounded by all the assholes from the town(s) around where I grew up & I KNOW they didn't get their seats at pre-sale. :/

I been a long time reader just without much to say. I did want to chime in on this because Ticketmaster and scalpers have long been a sore spot for me. I did want to share I was able to get front row center for the Columbus show at the presale. Not trying to boast, just to say it DOES happen. I would never have believed it myself had I not seen it. I always assumed the first few rows for any show never do go on sale and straight to the bastards. My countless times of getting to the nearest Ticketbastard outlet or logging on before internet sales have never blessed me with such a score. So maybe a glimmer of hope for some that it can happen. The only way I'm not using my tickets is if I die before November 16, regardless of how much I'm offered!

Seth
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#58842 2 years, 7 months ago
Good for you, Seth I hope you have a fantastic time!!!

That name of yours is pretty funny
Welcome to the circus
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Chester
More or less in line

#58846 2 years, 7 months ago
Hey yeah, welcome Seth. Congrats on the great ticket! Unrelated question, are you a Mason?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Colonoscopy
Fresh Boarder

#58852 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks! Yes sir, I am a Mason.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Colonoscopy.
Chester
More or less in line

#58855 2 years, 7 months ago
Cool. Several members of my family were. I was always interested in it. Nice avatar by the way.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Chester.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#58865 2 years, 7 months ago
Don't like scalpers or ticket resale? Don't phucking buy from them.
Time to create page: 0.92 seconds