• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

ANYBODY HEARD OF THIS DAVE ANVER GUY??

#57511 3 years ago
Seeing posts on other various sites about this guy causing problems at Colorado shows, If youre familiar then im sure you have seen the video of him attacking a fan at a past phish show. Any ideas on how we can stop this guy? we have ahim outnumbered fam, we gotta stop this ..
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: ANYBODY HEARD OF THIS DAVE ANVER GUY??

#57552 3 years ago
education, answer to everything
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#57568 3 years ago
Granted , he seems like a violent jerk. I know the copyright thing gets iffy sometimes and bands do contract with goons like this to protect profits and they do it all the time. I am not even going to begin to address the rights and wrongs that go on in our world with the type of enforcement that this man does because the lines have been so damn blurry for 40 years that the line seems to be extremely thin. This being said, there has to be a better way than to pay people like Mr. Anver. Maybe deals with private property parking lot owners to allow for a private temporary "multi family yard sale" just off of stadium property to accommodate shakedown, this way the band would get a cut of the fees people would pay to vend in permitted space and eliminate the need for folks like this due to the fact that indeed the band would be getting a cut and the city would be getting the permit fee for the one day "yard sale" and this would make the vending situation somewhat more legal and palateable for the band instead of people selling 13 point lightning bolt pencil sharpeners and not paying any sort of fee or royalty, now the band gets say 15 bucks a gig from the pencil sharpener selling wook on a skateboard. It does probably not meet the bands regular and customary percentages for fees and royalties but it does provide some relief for both parties. .....just a thought
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadontherivet
thinman
Junior Boarder

#57588 3 years ago
Apparently this guy is going around confiscating stuff/merchandise people sell on the lot. He is hired by bands/promoters to roam the lots. He owns a gun shop in Denver and is some sort of black belt.

There is a facebook page set up for raising awareness about this douchebag:

www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-Dave-Anver/231442286903597
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#57948 3 years ago
Instead of just calling this guy and many others across the country douchebags, why not look for an alternative proposal to present to the bands so they do get a cut. The state of things is not going to change until a constructive solution that protects the intrests of both sides is reached. I think the creative paramaters and business models of the entities that hire guys like this are most likely open enough to facilitate a positive resolutionthat would benefit all parties involved. Everyone involved is already aware that the heads are going to do what they do regardless of what anyone says. So let's look for an answer .
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#58089 3 years ago
I haven't read too much about said douchbag, just what is on this forum, but I cannot believe Furthur would hire a goon like that to protect their copyrights. As far as I know, the dead family has always freely allowed "their" material (skull and roses, etc) to be used by private vendors. That type of unconventional marketing is one reason the band has become so popular, especially with the sharing of music.

If this guy really works for someone legit, I would think it was the venue. But from little I have seen he just seems like a violent guy who gets off fucking with people.

Just my 2 cents.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#58092 3 years ago
Am I the only one who thinks this Dave Anver guy could very well be the infamous izancarlos and tomtaliman that got kicked off for his threats and wanting to meet up at Redrocks? Now you got this dude who obviously dislikes heads and he's at redrocks as well. I always thought izancarlos and tomtaliman were the same guy because of his speech patterns when he wrote. Also, when he wanted to converse seriously he broke out of his native broken english type from time to time. This anver dude looks native, about 25% atbest but his wife (photo from fb) definately looks native. Could I bee far off?

And where is DH420 these days? He said he was goin south for awhile and his last post was 9/6. I'm thinking of DH because he seemed to be the main target for izancarlos/taliman.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#58095 3 years ago
Izancarlos and tomtaliman was a 16 year kid trolling the net
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#58096 3 years ago
I wish he was some random crazy message board guy, but " Gentlemen Dave" works for the bands and promoters as a lot thug. I have been following this story pretty close, because I vend on lot and I guess it has a direct impact on me.

There is a lot of evidence that his company BTB which specializes in stopping bootleg merch was hired by Phish Dry Goods. This is not a fact, but everything seems to be pointing that way.

The good news is that it is very unlikely that we will seem him on lot ever again .
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#58103 3 years ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I haven't read too much about said douchbag, just what is on this forum, but I cannot believe Furthur would hire a goon like that to protect their copyrights. As far as I know, the dead family has always freely allowed "their" material (skull and roses, etc) to be used by private vendors. That type of unconventional marketing is one reason the band has become so popular, especially with the sharing of music.

If this guy really works for someone legit, I would think it was the venue. But from little I have seen he just seems like a violent guy who gets off fucking with people.

Just my 2 cents.

One tour, 1994, my GF designed a kick ass tshirt with dancing bears on it. There was this black woman at every show I was at, in a golf cart, with something like a back stage pass. She caught me twice... we'd only keep a few shirts on us at a time... but she got them from us. She was not the most healthiest of older ladies... so there's no need to have this kind of goon doing the work... but the Dead very much took their copyright seriously. It could be out of their hands... part of the merchandising contract that they partners who actually do all the work handle it and the band could care less. But they always took it seriously, at least to keep it in check.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds