• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rikmcnik
Junior Boarder

Anyone Ever Notice?

#5747 3 years, 4 months ago
You listen to a recording of a show youve been to...and you hear songs that sound much better,than you remember.
I understand it has to be...because where your seats are at the venue, but still kinda wierd.
Lynx
Visitor

Re: Anyone Ever Notice?

#5757 3 years, 4 months ago
Interesting. I usually have the opposite experience in that I am often times blown away by a song when I hear it live, but then when I download the show it sounds...well...not as good. Sometimes downright terrible. I think I know why this is though....
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by .
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#5779 3 years, 4 months ago
your hearing changes depending on where you sit at a venue too
theres no way to fit a show onto a tape ( stereo effects from speakers that were 100 ft. apart sound different from playback at home where your speakers are 10 ft. apart etc )
live taping is an art
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
vegeta_ban
Junior Boarder

#5785 3 years, 4 months ago
also depends on whether there's idiots at the show annoying you, or are on the tape. many factors
"There's a dragon with matches that's loose on the town - Takes a whole pail of water just to cool him down"
Robert Hunter

"Entropy is the most powerful force of nature"
Bob Weir 2010-02-15
DrNutzo
Junior Boarder

#5883 3 years, 4 months ago
Our brains can only do so much. It would be nearly impossible to pay attention to all the musicians at one time, while also dancing your tail off, enjoying the light show, singing along with the tunes, hugging your friends, and grinning like a fool from ear to ear. Sitting down with a recording is a very different experience. There is usually significantly less competing stimuli, allowing you to concentrate much more closely to not only what, but how things were played. Or not... ; )
All good things, in all good time.
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds