• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Jason1969
Fresh Boarder

Any inside word on New Years Eve shows?

#57323 3 years, 1 month ago
Any insiders got word on Furthur's plans for New Years Eve? Hope it's in the Bay Area again, though not a huge fan of Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Really no logical other place to do it, but ya never know
More Cowbell!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Any inside word on New Years Eve shows?

#57327 3 years, 1 month ago
I wanna know the same! But my prediction they will announce after West Coast tour. Still gives two months kinda three months notice. Last time I looked the Bill Graham Center is still available for NYE.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#57331 3 years, 1 month ago
It would be cool if Furthur did a TRI Studio show right before New Years but didn't broadcasted it until NYE for all the fans who can't go to the real thing. I know it wouldn't be live but it would still be cool and I would pay to watch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#57344 3 years, 1 month ago
wouldnt be impossible to film and stream the actual NYE show.

im hoping for another year at the BGCC. op, why no likey? its one of my favorite venues. just dont get stuck on the dance floor. get in line early and get balcony seats. every BGCC show i attend i snag balcony seats, phil side. the sound is way better up there and no crowded floor to deal with, and a great almost never obstructed view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#57350 3 years, 1 month ago
Island Head wrote:
It would be cool if Furthur did a TRI Studio show right before New Years but didn't broadcasted it until NYE for all the fans who can't go to the real thing. I know it wouldn't be live but it would still be cool and I would pay to watch.

Whatttttttttt no way. That's a little selfish. They will play a real show. There's no way they do all these tours this year and not send us by doing a new years show at home. I like the civic center. Where else would they have it in the bay area?
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#57355 3 years, 1 month ago
Of course they will still play a real NYE show in Cali. That's why I said they would need to record it at TRI a few days earlier. NYE is a time when a lot of people gather together. I know I would rather watch Furthur than Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest. They could drop ballons in the studio right when it would be airing at midnght.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#57442 3 years, 1 month ago
dude just real time stream the REAL NYE show at BGCA live on the web for a small fee. that is the ticket. i will be at NYE for sure, cant wait. last time i was at a NYE show they still had jay lane on drums, i hope they do a phil/bobby/whoever acoustic jams inbetween sets. that would be sweet.
in 2011 goin on 2012 is it too much to ask that since bob has already built TRI why not make it abit mobile and stream shows live from wherevere they are playing. couch tour to the max. of course its not the same as being there, but when i used to like in KY i would have totally paid to watch the boys throw down for NYE, but i would probably be at a widespread NYE show, or sumptin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#57453 3 years, 1 month ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I wanna know the same! But my prediction they will announce after West Coast tour. Still gives two months kinda three months notice. Last time I looked the Bill Graham Center is still available for NYE.

This is my guess as well & if they stick to form (which they kind of do), tickets went on sale last year for NYE on 10/11/2010 ... which I'm pretty sure was announced soon after the Red Rocks shows last summer. Had to bail on NYE though b/c of my back being a wreck ... although had a blast the two prior years and hoping something materializes. Leftover Salmon is playing on the 29th in SF ... so might be a cool little run. Also wouldn't be adverse to a double bill at a larger venue with the right band ... such as SCI.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#57461 3 years, 1 month ago
sweet! i didnt know salmon was gooin be in town. nice, lil run
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#57473 3 years, 1 month ago
yep, Great American Music Hall on 12/29 ... been waiting to get a ticket until furthur or cheese (long shot) shapes up for NYE

leftovertickets.jambasetickets.com/evlist.php
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds