• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: Downloading off etree question.....

#57861 3 years, 1 month ago
I first tried "Zuse {Azureaus was the name of it before} and it was overly complicated a program and I was having a problem with the ports. Tried uTorrent and it was a breeze... no problems. Once you get into d/ling shows, here is my advice: For $93, you can get a 2 tb external hardrive. go buy it. CDs are time consuming, and wasteful, and bad for the environment. Those blank cds are crap and scratch so easy now a days that you'll find your cds trashed really fast- meaning a short life span.

Look to getting an ipod for your car, or some mp3 player. Your days spent writing/burning and organizing will be spent doing more fun things. I burned about 2,000 cds, have two massive suitcases of cds, and realized the cds are on the way out... and I have all these cds to worry about.... they are expensive dust collectors.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#57894 3 years, 1 month ago
took lost sailors advice and got a seagate tower whatapleasure however cds arenice for the older cari got i use a tape player yep that oldandone of those converters a cassettewith a cord that lugs into the cd/mp3 player one day ill upgrade ihatehaving to relearn and repay for stuffill allready got cassetes,albumscds etc....wheres the usb port for our heads just put the drive inyour ear and go haha
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#58107 3 years, 1 month ago
You can always burn into cd the mp3s of a show, so you can get like 2 shows on one disc... but the big no-no is trading mp3s with others... only trade wavs or the compressed format you got it in and burned as data... but never trade mp3s.... the traders have their own audio-eugenics movement going on.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#58108 3 years, 1 month ago
tapers have always been a little anal about the process but thank god for them and their quirky ways
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#60689 3 years, 1 month ago
is it normal for some torrents to not start downloading. Theres a few I tried several times that wouldn't start while others did, I even downloaded utorrent and got rid of my other program, they'll go into the 'torrents' folder but they just wont start downloading - maybe old links that don't work anymore or something?
Chester
More or less in line

#60704 3 years, 1 month ago
Check to see if you have any "seeders". The file has to be seeded by someone. Preferably many.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#60710 3 years, 1 month ago
oh so if its not working now it might work at another time when someone is 'seeding' it? -- should I leave mine seeding when they are done?

I guess that explains why some take a lot longer then others to, thanks.
Chester
More or less in line

#60713 3 years, 1 month ago
You should be able to see if anyone is seeding. But yeah. Generaly you should let folks seed off you when you are done.
That's the community part. Everybody helping everybody else. However, it may cut into your bandwidth.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#60720 3 years, 1 month ago
bt.etree.org and lossless legs have no ratio requirements.You should still leave your torrent open for awhile after you complete yours
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#61030 3 years, 1 month ago
Also, you can only download so many shows at a time. So if it's not downloading, leave it be and check tomorrow.

Loss Legs site seems to be problems for me- there are like 5 in my qeue from a week ago, but they just sit thehre, utorrent says the bittorent site is sending incorrect data or something annoying.

Egg is having a sale right now- $120 for 3 tb external hardrive!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds