• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Downloading off etree question.....

#57297 3 years, 1 month ago
is this a good program to use..... www.finaltorrent.com/ ?

also what do I have to do to be able to get my downloads onto a cd?
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

Re: Downloading off etree question.....

#57324 3 years, 1 month ago
I personally use BitTorrent 7.2.1

Most torrents are in .flac or shorten formats. You need to convert those files to a .wav file in order to get them onto a CD.
There are numerous options.

For .flac files: FlacFrontend - download.cnet.com/FLAC-frontend/3000-2169_4-10976576.html
For Shorten files: MKW Audio Compression Tool, by Michael K. Weise--userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/shnfaq.html#tools

A few steps but in the end worth it (in my opinion).

Don't get crazy though, unless you have a lot of memory. I recommend a large external hard drive if you are going to "save" files for a long time.

Again, this is what I've been using for years....I'm sure there have been developments that are "better" but this works for me quite well.

Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57335 3 years, 1 month ago
I'll try that one if I can't figure this one out I'm in the middle of. I downloaded it off etree with that link I put on and then converted the files with the "switch sound file converter" ..... the tracks play but I can't figure out any way to burn it. they don't play continuously either I have to keep clicking on the next one...
Chester
More or less in line

#57357 3 years, 1 month ago
I use Utorrent, to dowload the torrent, and Foobar for conversion. Both really easy to use programs. And free.
Also Traders little helper is fantastic for more complex conversions.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57397 3 years, 1 month ago
Im not to computer inclined here or however you put it. I downloaded foobar and the tracks play straight through now but when I highlight them all, right click and hit "convert" it says the folder could not be found. and then I go through my downloads and click on the folder and theres nothing there anymore. But when I access my downloads from the start menu they are still there.

its weird its just when I search for the downloads on the foobar overview screen that they don't show up.

I'm trying to get the bearsville show.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#57404 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Im not to computer inclined here or however you put it. I downloaded foobar and the tracks play straight through now but when I highlight them all, right click and hit "convert" it says the folder could not be found. and then I go through my downloads and click on the folder and theres nothing there anymore. But when I access my downloads from the start menu they are still there.

its weird its just when I search for the downloads on the foobar overview screen that they don't show up.

I'm trying to get the bearsville show.

I'm at work right now so I can't remember the name of the program I use, I found an audio converter for free off zdnet, which does sound similar to that foobar, I can highlight all the files and covert em. I use download Flac files cause for me there easier to use. I also use that torrent program Chester mentioned. Sorry I can't be much help, I've never used that Foobar program before.
Chester
More or less in line

#57406 3 years, 1 month ago
You must be doing something different. Somehow, you've put the tracks in a different file. They're still there.
Once you've done it a few times, it gets easier.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#57407 3 years, 1 month ago
Have you ever tried this site: I got a few shows off of here before: gdvault.com/tracker/ - you need to register with em and there's hundreds of shows on here.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57414 3 years, 1 month ago
I think I figured it out with the original "switch sound file converter" program I was using originally....... I just had to check the "output to same folder as source files" box and then add those files to my "express burn disc burning software" .....

cd is burning now, hopefully it all works - I don't see why it wouldn't work now

thanks for all the help!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57513 3 years, 1 month ago
yup i figured it out. I'm getting Bearsville and then Bruce and Levon from Moe.Down ..... its to bad I may not be able to hear the Ramble show again.... maybe one day way down the line they'll release it

I'm going to need plenty of new shows for my travels this november so its nice something finally motivated me to figure out how to download stuff
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by MushroomMan.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds