• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

2 stage crews this tour?

#57288 3 years ago
As we have beaten the proverbial horse to death regarding the logistics of the leg, do you think they have more than one stage crew?
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: 2 stage crews this tour?

#57310 3 years ago
no
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#57576 3 years ago
Actually I was wondering about that. Portland to Wilkes Barre, for example, would be almost impossible time-wise. You'd have to break down everything, drive it -- what? -- 10 hours, set everything up again and then go from there to Amherst. It's possible they're using two sets of the basic equipment, not unlike they did with the wall of sound.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57586 3 years ago
they're professionals too...they have that stuff down and on the truck a lot quicker than you'd think, and they don't shoot the breeze in town, as soon as they're ready, they're off to the next city, doesn't take them a very long time to put it up either...trust me, they are taking it easy between load in load out...no brainer why the GD crew was fueled by cocaine, especially during wall of sound days
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#57669 3 years ago
You have to think that they are not poviding the stage themselves this time. They are just bringing their equipment without having to break down the stage..These are all indoor venues and you would think that where they could; use the facilities stuff. They may have to provide their own stage for the large arenas but not for the smaller venues in between where their stuff goes ahead before them to the next large arena.

But what do i know...
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, scar1et_f1re
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#57811 3 years ago
i did roadie work for a bit its an art almost everything is numbered and labeled to aid in the load in load out .its done in such a way that no time is wasted and everything goes smooth .the drivers sleep as soon as they pull into the lot andareready to go right after the show i had a lot of funbut it was hard back breaking work thanks to jackson browne who nailed it in this song youtu.be/jtuvXrTz8DY and heres the lyrics www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/jackson_browne/the_load_out.html
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years ago by 83msg1sttyme.
Chester
More or less in line

#57812 3 years ago
Seems like a fairly regular thing with the larger bands who tour a lot. I'm pretty sure the Grateful Dead had 3 road crews during
the wall of sound days.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#57820 3 years ago
When you watch the video check out the moon rise from behind the stage. Must have been awesome in real time as well.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#58111 3 years ago
it's also possible they pay the venue for the stage (or the venue provides stage as part of agreement) and the venue arranges to have it up and ready for them when they get there.?

I just finished volume 2 of Elvis's biography (not a big fan, the book was given to me) and it was pretty remarkable how, when they wanted to start doing the massive multi city tours, they basically met someone who seemed capable enough to do it, so they gave him a 2 year contract (something like that), and they just flew by the seat of their pants... and once they got the hang of it and it became clear they could really become profitable with little real work, the Colonel fired them and forced the record company (with him getting an expert fee) to do it and took what their predecessor spent years developing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingBear
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#58117 3 years ago
lostsailor wrote:
it's also possible they pay the venue for the stage (or the venue provides stage as part of agreement) and the venue arranges to have it up and ready for them when they get there.?

I just finished volume 2 of Elvis's biography (not a big fan, the book was given to me) and it was pretty remarkable how, when they wanted to start doing the massive multi city tours, they basically met someone who seemed capable enough to do it, so they gave him a 2 year contract (something like that), and they just flew by the seat of their pants... and once they got the hang of it and it became clear they could really become profitable with little real work, the Colonel fired them and forced the record company (with him getting an expert fee) to do it and took what their predecessor spent years developing.

That thought crossed my mind as well...."why play there when you can play here where we provide a stage for you all inclusive in the price of the venue"....that actually would make good sense.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds