• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

Re: what does your driving schedule look like this Nov

#57439 2 years, 10 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Mine dosn't look bad at all, considering the huge distances...what is everybody else looking at for their travels?

Man I gotta acknowledge your drive, determination and commitment MushroomMan. Both you and wlewis don't seem to mind dropping everything and taking off wherever the tour takes you. I say do it while you can - which is before your boss, your wife, your health or your budget puts an end to such youthful adventure. Rock on.

Y'all stay safe and have a great time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
HeavyMetalHippie
Fresh Boarder

#57450 2 years, 10 months ago
How much does an average tour (even if not in full) cost you guys? I've thought about following Furthur or Phish around the tri-state area, and figured it'd be feasible during the summer since I have a part-time job, but a full tour seems dizzying when thinking about the costs, between tickets, food, gas, etc...
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57452 2 years, 10 months ago
HeavyMetalHippie wrote:
No driving for me, me and three friends will be taking the train from Brewster, NY to Grand Central Station and then either walking (long walk, I know) or subway-ing to Madison Square Garden. Being a senior in high school, my mom would never trust me to make a long drive with friends, especially multiple nights without being home (plus missing school).

Next summer I do plan on taking a road trip after graduation to Colorado with friends and catch one or two concerts at Red Rocks and enjoy their legal meds. ;D

dude I walk to MSG all the time from grand central, not bad at all - its 3 or 4 long blocks then about 9 real short ones the other way. maybe a 20-25 minute walk. I'd save a little money on a cab/subway and walk.

its interesting hearing everyone elses plans, maybe ill meet more of you this november....
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#57454 2 years, 10 months ago
HeavyMetalHippie wrote:
How much does an average tour (even if not in full) cost you guys? I've thought about following Furthur or Phish around the tri-state area, and figured it'd be feasible during the summer since I have a part-time job, but a full tour seems dizzying when thinking about the costs, between tickets, food, gas, etc...

I dropped almost 1500 this summer on 5 shows and camping out at the Vibes, but I definitly could of/should of been more conservative ...... this coming tour hotels alone are going to cost me at least 600 then a ton of gas, food, ect. not to mention tickets. it all adds up but I always like to have a lot more money saved then I think I will need, just incase...
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#57459 2 years, 10 months ago
3 hours to Manchester, NH
1.45 hour to Portland, ME
4 hours to Amherst, MA

~this tour has been interrupted by 4 days of work~

Fly from Bangor, ME to NYC
4.5 hours to Syracuse
5.5 hours to Atlantic City
3 hours to NY
Fly to Bangor, ME

~back to our original scheduled programming called real life~
HeavyMetalHippie
Fresh Boarder

#57505 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh you're right, GoogleMaps says it's a 22-minute walk. Dunno why my perception of distance was so distorted haha, but I'm not complaining. So yeah, me and my friend will walk.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57553 2 years, 10 months ago
HeavyMetalHippie wrote:
No driving for me, me and three friends will be taking the train from Brewster, NY to Grand Central Station and then either walking (long walk, I know) or subway-ing to Madison Square Garden. Being a senior in high school, my mom would never trust me to make a long drive with friends, especially multiple nights without being home (plus missing school).

Next summer I do plan on taking a road trip after graduation to Colorado with friends and catch one or two concerts at Red Rocks and enjoy their legal meds. ;D

brewster huh? i was up that way right before spring tour substitute teaching at paul v. moore high school in central square, right around there right?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57555 2 years, 10 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
HeavyMetalHippie wrote:

I dropped almost 1500 this summer on 5 shows and camping out at the Vibes, but I definitly could of/should of been more conservative ...... this coming tour hotels alone are going to cost me at least 600 then a ton of gas, food, ect. not to mention tickets. it all adds up but I always like to have a lot more money saved then I think I will need, just incase...

i always leave a little bit at home so i have something when i return, never know what's gonna happen out there...buying too much art, getting too fried, car shitting out, friend bailing, the list goes on...

edit: that is quite a bit spent at those 5 shows, averaging 300 per...i did 6 shows and only spent MAYBE 600 dollars...i also did get lucky i was hit with some miracle tickets before tour even started but i was also extremely conservative in lieu of the west coast tour coming up, my tickets were paid off the day i ordered them (the first day) and those shows were really my priority in saving for, summer here at home was just a treat, and it was tough not swinging down south this time around, but my sights were set...there are little w ays to save money out there and there are always little ways to make some scratch for things like gas and well here out east a bundle for tolls (george if you read this remember the time we used I-95 and spent as much in tolls as we did on gasoline?)...save save save though, a lot of times at least for me i ended up spending at least a little bit more than i imagined, there are always some underlying costs
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by wlewis.
Chester
More or less in line

#57560 2 years, 10 months ago
I have two shows within driving distance. So, I'll be going home after each show. That saves a lot right there. And probably
sharing the drive with one or two folks. That makes it very reasonable. It is possible to do shows inexpensively, but it's more
fun to have some money. Everybody likes to live a bit larger at a show. Me included. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds