• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

what does your driving schedule look like this Nov

#57192 2 years, 10 months ago
Mine dosn't look bad at all, considering the huge distances. I'll be splitting a lot of the rides in half driving half the distance to a hotel after a show then the other half the next day. It's going to take 7 hotels, would be more but I get to utilize coming home a few of the nights. Heres what I'm looking at.....

11/3 - 2 hour 50 minute drive to Manchester, stay at a hotel near Manchester.
11/4 - 1 hour 45 minute drive to Portland - 3 hour 55 minute drive home after the show
11/5 - 3 hour 20 minutes to PA and then back home after the show
11/6 - 1 hour 25 minutes to Amherst, MA and back home after the show
11/8 VA - up in the air but most likely I'll skip this one
11/10 - 50 minutes to train station in New Haven (I wont drive into NYC) - get hotel part way to syracuse
11/11- 5 hours to syracuse (total from New Haven) - get hotel 1/2 way to NJ
11/12 - 5 hours 20 minutes to NJ (total from syracuse) - get hotel half way to Buffalo (4 hours, will be a real late check in)
11/13 - 7 hours 55 minutes to Buffalo (total from NJ) - get hotel part way to PA
11/14 - stay at same hotel 2 nights
11/15 - 4 hours 11 minutes to PA (total from Buffalo) - get hotel half way home
11/16 - back home 5.5 hours from PA (to much to drive straight after the show)

one thing I have to look into is if I can use a different train station closer to syracuse instead of New Haven. I don't have to worry about missing the train if I use New Haven cause it runs real late, I have to see what other trains run late from Grand Central and if any will work out better for me. If not its alright cause I have about 2 hours to sleep on the train ride so it's all good. So none of my trips are over 4 hours long, I think I planned it out pretty good for myself.

what is everybody else looking at for their travels?
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: what does your driving schedule look like this Nov

#57198 2 years, 10 months ago
I am only planning on going to 3 shows. I have a long flght on Nov. 3rd, St. Croix to Miami on to DC and finally land in Manchester at 4:30. Still plenty of time to adjust my attitude for the show after a whole day of flying. Then the easy drive up to Portland the next day, I am so looking forward to going back to Maine, haven't been there since 1984. Then we will work our way down to New York to see family and friends, and of course the MSG show. I would like to go to more but my wife would divorce me, but I did talk her into going to the Manchester show.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#57200 2 years, 10 months ago
Pretty impressive. For me it's about two hours to NYC for the MSG show and then back home. Two days later it's about an hour and a half to AC and then home. If time opens up I may do Wilkes Barre -- about two hours each way. Thankfully, Philly's pretty central to a lot of Dead strongholds.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
arjanstar
Junior Boarder

#57294 2 years, 10 months ago
About 3 hours from Ithaca to Wilkes Barre, drive back the next day.
About an hour to Syracuse, drive home that evening.
About 2.5 hours to Buffalo, drive home the next day. (grew up in Bflo, so can stay with friends!)

I may decide to do MSG, which is about 3.5-4 hours from Ithaca. We'll see.
Feel good music in your soul. Make your body want to Rock and Roll!
kmhpsu
Junior Boarder

#57303 2 years, 10 months ago
Definitely doing the BJC in State College. I've only gotten up to PSU to visit once since graduating, so it'll be a nice little homecoming. About a 2 hr drive there and back (good for them for not having this be a weekend show or it would turn into a 10 hour drive). Take advantage of the bus system here!!!!!! We might finally get to trip at a show without having to worry about operating a motor vehicle afterwards..
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#57309 2 years, 10 months ago
nothing like what it will look like in the next 4 weeks but i am scaling it back gonna do an 8 hr ride out to portland, maybe 5-6 down to WB 2 hrs for cuse, 25 minutes for buf, and if i can swing columbus or state college thats around 5 hrs each...any others will be last minute decisions based on surrounding circumstances
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#57319 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm going to be in Alberta teaching during the shows close to me..missing it and kinda pissed but c'est la vie.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#57322 2 years, 10 months ago
40 mins to john paul jones. Then 8 hr amtrak train ride right into msg
GOOD LOVE
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#57396 2 years, 10 months ago
Springfield IL to CHI-TOWN , hopefully up to Madison, Then Down to the Good ol St. Louie !!! TO ROCK THE FOX !!SOOO PUMPED
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
HeavyMetalHippie
Fresh Boarder

#57435 2 years, 10 months ago
No driving for me, me and three friends will be taking the train from Brewster, NY to Grand Central Station and then either walking (long walk, I know) or subway-ing to Madison Square Garden. Being a senior in high school, my mom would never trust me to make a long drive with friends, especially multiple nights without being home (plus missing school).

Next summer I do plan on taking a road trip after graduation to Colorado with friends and catch one or two concerts at Red Rocks and enjoy their legal meds. ;D
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds