• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Easter Sunday 1985

#57161 2 years, 10 months ago
Last one I promise... LOL.. this was my first show seeing the boyz in Philly and I only missed one after this night. This was pre internet. I did not know they broke out Do it in the Road at BCT the previous november.. I see an extra mic setup--this was still when the Spectrum was GA floor and we were no more than 15 ft from the stage dead center. Phil steps to the mike (as you will see and says HIYA HIYA HIYA KIDS can you here me? Left my DNA all over that floor..and as we all sat down at set break to "partake" I remember a conversation about how long can Jerry do this?? He's gotta be close to retiring or somethin not good is gonna happen. Well it turns out we all had ten years of Jerry thankfully. This show needs no intrduction to the older folk around here ... but just ck out this opening.. well whole shw really a rare Dancin , one of the best ever shakedowns
& a post drumz sequence that well words can't describe
Gone R the daze.........

Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Easter Sunday 1985

#57163 2 years, 10 months ago
Witnessed this........Shakedown, Sampson, She belongs to me;, Woman Smarter to open second set and a Truckin', Smokestack, Dew, Sugar Mag to finish..... Encore.....wait for it..............DAy JOb

"Bow down to her on Sunday, salute her when her birthday comes."

Missed the next night. Crazy set list to

Midnight Hour> Walkin the Dog> Big Boss Man to open

Revolution to open second set.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#57175 2 years, 10 months ago
Terrapin I was there the next night. Last night of tour. My fave 1st set ever. We thought they had "blown their load" on Easter.........NOT... Second set got a lil sloppy but everyone was just havin so much fun & were so elated it was like a giant bear hug to send us home after tour. ..now if we can all go back to 1985 & toss Bobby a pile a Casey Jones we gonna tear down them Red Rocks down in a few weeks.... wait we are going to do anyway. ..(but it can't hurt!)
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#57205 2 years, 10 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Terrapin I was there the next night. Last night of tour. My fave 1st set ever. We thought they had "blown their load" on Easter.........NOT... Second set got a lil sloppy but everyone was just havin so much fun & were so elated it was like a giant bear hug to send us home after tour. ..now if we can all go back to 1985 & toss Bobby a pile a Casey Jones we gonna tear down them Red Rocks down in a few weeks.... wait we are going to do anyway. ..(but it can't hurt!)

I'm still in Pennsyltuckey, send me a Sunshine Day Stream!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds