• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: furthur breakout

#264452 1 year, 1 month ago
B-Rad wrote:
Monkey was done as was dark hollow but it is rare and I would love to hear it. Same with desolation row. As for actual breakouts give me good times roll, visions of johanna, and Rain.

when did furthur play monkey and the engineer?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#264453 1 year, 1 month ago
Sorry, my bad. Monkey has not been played...I swear I saw it on a setlist...hallucination I guess, or maybe a premonition.
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#264458 1 year, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
Monkey was done as was dark hollow but it is rare and I would love to hear it. Same with desolation row. As for actual breakouts give me good times roll, visions of johanna, and Rain.

when did furthur play monkey and the engineer?

Has Furthur played monkey and the engineer? Because I can't recall that they have. Monkey and the Engineer that I can recall even when the GD played it was usually performed in an acoustic set. I remember back in 1980 the GD did a series of shows at The Warfield which I went to a few of and in NY at Radio City Music Hall and all the 1st sets of these shows were acoustic and they performed Monkey and the Engineer at some of those for there recording of Reckoning.
So that this mean it's time for Furthur to do a acoustic set?
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#264462 1 year, 1 month ago
They haven't played Monkey, I was thinking of Race is On. I would bet they will play it at the acoustic set at Interlocken though.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#264474 1 year, 1 month ago
They have played the race is on a few times but not since 3/29/11.

M&E would be most appropriate for acoustic sets. Bob did it in a solo acoustic show.

I know they have done it once, but I would be in heaven to hear a jack a roe sung by JK.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder

#264494 1 year, 1 month ago
Denver Man wrote:
They have played the race is on a few times but not since 3/29/11.

M&E would be most appropriate for acoustic sets. Bob did it in a solo acoustic show.

I know they have done it once, but I would be in heaven to hear a jack a roe sung by JK.

Hey DM can you recall Furthur doing a acoustic set other then the first set that was done at Phil's 70th which was *******
outstanding, love that show one of the best that I been to.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#264585 1 year, 1 month ago
Phil's 70th was a blast! I made the trip out west for my 40th birthday I dubbed the midlife crisis tour!

I do not recall any other furthur acoustic sets but there are others on here who would know better
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder

#264596 1 year, 1 month ago
I think we're due for another acoustic opener, I've said it before but The Greek @ Berkeley Sunday early opener.
Here's my acoustic set:
Bertha, Mama Tried, Dark Hollow, Uncle John's Band, I Know You Rider, Little Sadie, Wake-up Little Susie, Black Peter, Ripple, Broke Down Palace
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#264599 1 year, 1 month ago
I remember Monkey from a setlist in december then didn't he open a Weir Here with it?

he also did a rare Bobby McGee at that acoustic show in december
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder

#264604 1 year, 1 month ago
No it wasn't at Weir Here, but Bobby did do Monkey and the Engineer along with a Bobby McGee but that was done at a show in Eureka, Ca while he was on his acoustic tour w/Jackie Greene as the opener. I think what we're talking about is if Furthur has ever done an acoustic set besides at Phil's 70th B-Day.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds